Compex (Read 79 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Anyone ever used these devices for "training" and recovery?

http://www.hammernutrition.com/compex-electrical-muscle-stimulation/

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)
    Joann Y

I am no expert but I used to work in physical therapy and we would use these in rehab and pain patients. Not these exact units but something similar. You would basically use it to isolate a muscle and stimulate it, getting a mild contraction. The benefit seemed to be, from my primitive understanding at the time, that it would sort of 'wake up' the muscle, helping you get started using it again. I have a hard time believing they would offer any significant benefit to a healthy athletic person. An actual physical therapist could probably give a better description.

Joann Y

'Enjoy all these benefits without osteotendinous constraint on the joints, mental fatigue, and cardiac stress.'

I can see the appeal though. No more pesky constraint by my bones or tendons. No elevation in heart rate! And I could be free of the mental fatigue of actually going for a run!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Bulk up with no work required!  I see the appeal.

BTW, I was wondering if the latest thing is abbreviating thread titles by one letter. We have an "Imrobable" thread and a "Compex" thread.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

'Enjoy all these benefits without osteotendinous constraint on the joints, mental fatigue, and cardiac stress.'

I can see the appeal though. No more pesky constraint by my bones or tendons. No elevation in heart rate! And I could be free of the mental fatigue of actually going for a run!

No desire to use for "training" but wondered more about recovery.

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)
            HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

BTW, I was wondering if the latest thing is abbreviating thread titles by one letter. We have an "Imrobable" thread and a "Compex" thread.

eh?  That's how u spell it Smile

• Black Canyon 100k
              • RRR
              • Zane Grey 100k
              • High Lonesome 100
              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
              • The Bear 100
              • Javelina Jundred (?)
              LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

eh?  That's how u spell it Smile

I know that now, but it just looked like another word with a missing letter.