Go away! (Read 800 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...you, Old Man Winter. Look at the calendar--your time here is DONE! You are no longer welcome...be gone with you, now! Angry Tomorrow I have a 15k...I will be bringing my YakTrax and likely wearing them Roll eyes Cry as the course is mostly on backroads. Crap. I was hoping to PR...not likely to happen. Black eye DH took the snow tires off my car...I white knuckled it to and from DS's school to pick him up (30 minute drive on dry roads). Saw 2 SUV/trucks that had been on their roofs...one was definitely totaled and looked like it had probably rolled a couple of times. And a van. I had to do a lot of 2nd and 3rd gear starts from stop signs and stalled trying to get into my son's school parking lot in low enough a gear to not have my tires spin. Yuck.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

Same here. I was sure I was going to go out and run one of these days, but forecast shows no hope for no more of that. MTA: Good Luck with the 15k

Maggie & Molly

I'm with ya Zoom - it is time for winter to hibernate til next year!!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Lisa3.1

how much snow did you get we got nine inches of snow so far
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think we have maybe 4...areas South of us got a lot more, though. There are some parts of the state that are expecting a foot by the time it's over. I was planning to drive to the race, but I think I may just drive to my friend's house (about 8 miles away) and have her drive--she has a big truck that goes through everything. Without my snow tires my car is pretty worthless.

~ Sarah Kay

Lisa3.1

Pictures from today's snow
                I'd just like to mention that my run today was done at 75F. Angry

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd just like to mention that my run today was done at 75F. Angry
                  Ack...I don't envy you guys in another month or two. Sleepy ls, that looks just like MI right now! How slippery are your roads?

~ Sarah Kay

Big grin I love winter. But in Tennessee there is not much snow or really cold weather. It is perfect here right now...35 degrees in the morning.....65 in the afternoon.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

35 degrees in the morning.....65 in the afternoon.
                      That sounds like heaven! Smile

~ Sarah Kay

It is great right now, but soon enough it will 95 and steamy. I can't stand training in the summer. I sweat alot and the heat and humidity kill my long runs. I spend the Fall and Winter getting into marathon shape and just try and maintain some running shape in the summer.
                          Pictures from today's snow
                          Yeh, maybe it sucks....but the snow in the photos is beautiful!
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Eat, Play, Run

I'm with you - I was just thinking yesterday morning ENOUGH of this cold! I'm ready for spring!