RRS VIP club note and coupon? (Read 796 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did anyone else get this? Apparently they are phasing out their VIP program--which makes sense. Often even their prices with paid membership were still higher than what other places offer. And just about everyone offers free shipping and places like onlineshoes.com offer great satisfaction guarantees automatical (Online Shoes' is 90 days). Now they just need to get my favorite shoe back in stock in my size before the 25% off coupon expires....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I read it to mean the FAMILY VIP plan was gone. I still think VIP is in place and you can still buy shoes for family members- just has to be on your own credit card etc.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...OK. I never understood what the difference was. Was the Family plan anyone at the same address? I only got the VIP plan last Summer because they offered it for a penny. Otherwise I doubt I would have bothered.

~ Sarah Kay

I looked at the website and didn't see anything about the free pair of shoes after buying 5 pairs. Maybe that is what is gone!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I looked at the website and didn't see anything about the free pair of shoes after buying 5 pairs. Maybe that is what is gone!
            Awww...crap. Well, I have purchased one pair and figured I would order my next 4 from them just to get a free pair, but maybe not....

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

They had a decent sale last week - $40 off the shoes I'm currently wearing. And that was for non-VIPs. The VIP membership gave us another 10% I think. And my wife buys on her account so we just have her membership rather than a Family..

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

TRIing to beat the heat!

I hope it's not gone... I just bought into it earlier this week for myself and my hubby. Confused

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

xor

I hope it's not gone... I just bought into it earlier this week for myself and my hubby. Confused
                  The family membership is gone. Here's the guts of the email:
                  In these tough times, you deserve the best value, the best service, and the best gear onthe planet. For over 25 years, I’ve been committed to providing you with the absolute best shopping experience you can find anywhere. And that’s why you rely on us. You also rely on us to listen to your needs. In light of this, we are moving away from the VIP Family Plan because it didn’t provide you with enough value. Hardly anyone used it — fewer than 1 out of 30. So, it’s back to the drawing board as we continue on our quest to bring you the most incredible customer care in the world. REMEMBER, YOU STILL GET ALL THESE GREAT VIP BENEFITS! • FREE SHIPPING on ALL orders • 10% SAVINGS on regular price items • BEST PRICE GUARANTEE on top running shoes • 60-DAY PERFECT FIT™ GUARANTEEE Run in your shoes up to 60 days. Return ’em if you don’t love ’em. PLUS MORE! I want you to know that I am personally committed to making sure every VIP Benefit is a great value to you. So, take advantage of all your great benefits! And as my gift to you, please feel free to SAVE 25% OFF your next purchase.
                  Yeah, "plus more". I too note the lack of a free-shoes deal. But then again, it seemed kind of like a scam anyway. They'd conveniently forget to notify me or send me a coupon many, many times. And if I'd call to ask or ask in the store, they'd just basically say "ooops".

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, poo. They don't have the shoe I want in my size...and it won't go towards a free pair, anyhow. So how is this improving their sales...?

~ Sarah Kay

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

What is the 25% off coupon? I need to buy a pair of shoes and had a 15% coupon but it expired yesterday. I've tried for the last 4 days to buy these shoes but the site would not workCry
                        2011 Goals:
                        Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                        Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Imminent Catastrophe

The family membership is gone. Here's the guts of the email: Yeah, "plus more". I too note the lack of a free-shoes deal. But then again, it seemed kind of like a scam anyway. They'd conveniently forget to notify me or send me a coupon many, many times. And if I'd call to ask or ask in the store, they'd just basically say "ooops".
                        Same thing they said when they "accidentally" charged me the regular price instead of the sale price, and I didn't know until my credit card statement arrived. Too many "accidental" mistakes with these people, and strangely, always in their favor! I stopped doing business with them a couple years ago.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I've only had problems with RRS myself, so I've stopped buying from them too. I think it's pretty rotten that they're just discontinuing the free pair of shoes program on everyone, though I'm not surprised. They should at least allow the people already in the program who have purchased shoes to participate until they get their free pair. It takes awhile for people to order enough shoes. Wonder if they considered that.