RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My youngest wants to see that but my husband refuses to go, since he doesn't like Jack Black, I'm not sure why though. Confused So, it looks like it'll be a night at the movies without daddy! Smile
    Your hubbie does not like a lot of great things. Just sayin' His loss.

Non ducor, duco.

My youngest wants to see that but my husband refuses to go, since he doesn't like Jack Black, I'm not sure why though. Confused So, it looks like it'll be a night at the movies without daddy! Smile
      I don't get it..he hates Jack Black's voice too?? Nacho Libre and School of Rock are both legendary movies in my book. Hope you get to see it. It is good.

Non ducor, duco.

We rented Dan in Real Life last night. Has anyone else seen this? I really liked it for a family movie.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't get it..he hates Jack Black's voice too?? Nacho Libre and School of Rock are both legendary movies in my book. Hope you get to see it. It is good.
          School of Rock is one of the best "feel good" movies ever. So cute...and those kids were all hella talented. It's a movie that I need to rent for DS one of these days. Definitely something for everyone in the family to enjoy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone going to see the Hellboy sequel? I can't wait to see it. RT rating is higher than the original, which I really liked.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hellboy II. So much awesomeness. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zzz

hey zoom... my son wants me to see it with him... that good eh? DH and I went to see Wanted and Hancock.... Hancock got atrocious critic reviews but spectacular viewer reviews... I personally loved both of them....
                zzz

so did anyone watch Cloverfield? I'm dying to see it I did see the Pirates who don't do anything (veggietales) - jealous? gotta say it was the best pirate musicial by singing vegetables EVER!! also saw the Prestige w/ Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Christrian Bale (Batman) and thought it was excellent
                  My son and I watched Cloverfield together.... I won't tell you about it but it was not too bad.... I can't wait to see the new Batman though.
                  JakeKnight

Your hubbie does not like a lot of great things. Just sayin' His loss.
                    Word.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

hey zoom... my son wants me to see it with him... that good eh?
                      How old is your son? Ours is 7 and loves the original Hellboy, but I'm glad we didn't take him to the sequel. It's excellent, but FAR more intense and graphic. He's never had movie-inflicted nightmares (much less run-of-the-mill ones...we're lucky that he enjoys the occasional scary dream) and has watched the Spider-Man and LOTR films, but I think this one would do it. Plus there are evil little demons called "tooth fairies" that might kind of ruin the whole Tooth Fairy thing for him if he is still at the age to be putting teeth under his pillow. There were people there with kids under 10 (at a 9:30pm show... Confused), but I have a feeling they will now be dealing with some very freaked-out little kids. On a 5-star scale I'd give this at least 4. And it's definitely open for some cool possibilities for a 3rd installment to the series. I really love Guillermo del Toro. I think he may be my favorite dramatic writer/director.

~ Sarah Kay

zzz

How old is your son? Ours is 7 and loves the original Hellboy, but I'm glad we didn't take him to the sequel. It's excellent, but FAR more intense and graphic. He's never had movie-inflicted nightmares (much less run-of-the-mill ones...we're lucky that he enjoys the occasional scary dream) and has watched the Spider-Man and LOTR films, but I think this one would do it. Plus there are evil little demons called "tooth fairies" that might kind of ruin the whole Tooth Fairy thing for him if he is still at the age to be putting teeth under his pillow. There were people there with kids under 10 (at a 9:30pm show... Confused), but I have a feeling they will now be dealing with some very freaked-out little kids. On a 5-star scale I'd give this at least 4. And it's definitely open for some cool possibilities for a 3rd installment to the series. I really love Guillermo del Toro. I think he may be my favorite dramatic writer/director.
                        My son is 15 so well past the tooth fairy age, though I wish he wasn't.... good on your for watching out for what your little guy watches... i agree with the Confused and kids under 10... some things they just aren't ready to see yet?? In this family though my oldest daughter (17) is into the horror genre and I have to tell her to go upstairs to watch it in her room bc I am the one with the nightmares... ugh!!! Oh but anyway Ricky went last night with his friends to see HB2...will have to ask him what he thinks when they wake up... still crashed in his room. How about Pan's Labyrinth? What did you think of that one... I need to rent that soon.
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

How about Pan's Labyrinth? What did you think of that one... I need to rent that soon.
                          Amazing...so haunting. Probably one of the best films I have seen in the past decade and definitely deserving of the Oscars. I really want to watch it, again.

~ Sarah Kay

I liked Mr. Bean's Holiday, which is on cable now.
                            I'm condemned by a society that demands success when all I can offer is failure. -Max Bialystock
                            Rundadrun27

I went and saw Get Smart this weekend. It actually exceeded my expectations. Shocked Surprised
                                We're a little behind on movies. We just rented and watched the Chipmunks and the Bee Movie. My 6 y/o enjoyed both of them. The Bee Movie was funny, it had some unexpected funny stuff!

Michelle