RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Giants Fan

Ok, not going to reread posts so it might already be here but has anyone seen Wanted? I think that is the name...the new Angelina Jolie film. Any good? What about Hellboy II. (the only two movies I can get my hubby too--sad isn't it?)

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

Your hubbie does not like a lot of great things. Just sayin' His loss.
      Word.
      He'd be the first to agree, but then again, he'd also have a different view on what is considered to be "great". I'm okay with his likes and dislikes, as long as he keeps on liking me we're good to go. Yes
      I don't get it..he hates Jack Black's voice too?? Nacho Libre and School of Rock are both legendary movies in my book. Hope you get to see it. It is good.
      Yeah, he's stubborn like that. I told my 6 y/o we'll go to see the movie this coming weekend. He's excited about it.

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

Ok, not going to reread posts so it might already be here but has anyone seen Wanted? I think that is the name...the new Angelina Jolie film. Any good? What about Hellboy II. (the only two movies I can get my hubby too--sad isn't it?)
        read two raving reviews on hellboy II just watched the first one again and kinda want to see this. read a ok review on "Wanted" but a big thumbs up from someone in the office but she likes shoot 'em up movies. supposed to have cool visual effects if that matters to ya

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Menace to Sobriety

Check out "Never Been Thawed" if you can find it. Warning: not for the overly sensitive.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What about Hellboy II. (the only two movies I can get my hubby too--sad isn't it?)
            If you liked the first one I think you will REALLY love the second one. Definitely one of the best films I have seen in a LONG time.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I thought that Wanted was great. During the movie I wasn't so sure, but after I walked out and thought about it, I realized that I really enjoyed it. It's pretty bloody, but I'd argue you see much of the same on CSI.
              zzz

I LOVED Wanted.... and we also saw Hancock....which I thought was great too... kinda twisty at the end which was cool.

Misinformation Officer

Shameless Family Promotion Follows: Big grin Coming Aug 8--Pineapple Express, from Judd Apatow and Seth Rogan, the Superbad dudes.... My brother is in the first scene of this movie!!! NOTE: It is definite teenage boy humor and not appropriate for all audiences. (That's why it's rated R, people. Wink)
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Judd Apatow movies rock! This one is actually on my list of must-sees. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Rundadrun27

We're a little behind on movies. We just rented and watched the Chipmunks and the Bee Movie. My 6 y/o enjoyed both of them. The Bee Movie was funny, it had some unexpected funny stuff!
                      Don't feel bad. My wife and I usually wait till movies come out on DVD before we see them. It's cheaper to rent movies, than going to a theatre, and you don't have to worry about a babysitter.

~Gordo~

As I watched The Professional (aka Leon)this weekend, I thought that it would be great to have a sequel to it come out now with Natile Portman all grown up. It could go so many ways... So, what other movies that don't have sequels already be made???
                        !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
                        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This is old news, but we finally rented and watched The Bourne Ultimatum. Holy. F*****g. S**t. I would say that not only did that movie kicked ass, it kicked asses. Because one ass kicking doesn't do justice to the amount of ass that this movie kicked.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Imminent Catastrophe

As I watched The Professional (aka Leon)this weekend, I thought that it would be great to have a sequel to it come out now with Natile Portman all grown up. It could go so many ways... So, what other movies that don't have sequels already be made???
                            The Professional--what a great, underrated movie.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is old news, but we finally rented and watched The Bourne Ultimatum. Holy. F*****g. S**t. I would say that not only did that movie kicked ass, it kicked asses. Because one ass kicking doesn't do justice to the amount of ass that this movie kicked.
                              Matt Damon is awesome. I LOVE those movies. Not a bad one in the series.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Finally saw "No Country For Old Men." Intense...I love and hate the ending simultaneously...I did not think that possible. And Tommy Lee Jones is still all kinds of awesome. Javier Bardem is one creepy-ass dude! Josh Brolin...definitely well cast.

~ Sarah Kay