RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Which movie should I go to this weekend, Bruno or Harry Potter?

Duh.

Harry Potter Wednesday.

500 Days of Summer Thursday.

Bruno on video.

Has anyone seen The Distance of Truth?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Get Lost :)

Has anyone seen The Distance of Truth?

Yeah, it's good, but I had trouble getting over the annoying narrator's voice.

Yeah, it's good, but I had trouble getting over the annoying narrator's voice.

Excellent.  Thank you. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

HP & tHBP was pretty danged good, if I do say so myself. 

Get Lost :)

Excellent.  Thank you. 

Heh, there's no way my comment was useful! Smile I prefer Running on the Sun to Distance of Truth as far as Badwater DVDs go. 

By the way, I totally got the wrong Western States DVD recently. They Crossed the Mountains is not quite what I thought it would be. 

Anyone else excited about  " Julia and Julia " ?

I can't wait.      

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else excited about  " Julia and Julia " ?

I can't wait.      

+1

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

HP & tHBP was pretty danged good, if I do say so myself. 

+1

A little scary for the little kids but very good.  Doesn't stand well on its own.  You need to have watched the other films or read the books.

Can't wait for the finale.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I agree with Trent and dbg2n, the new Harry Potter movie is good.

I started re-reading the book at the beginning of the week. It felt like I was watching clips from the book. A scene here / a scene there. A few things were combined, a few things added, and a lot left out. I almost think I would have enjoyed the movie more if I had not read the book, but then I probably would have been very confused.

I wish J.J. Abrams (Star Trek and Lost) would have had a chance to make the movie.

Imminent Catastrophe

OMG, that guy has some balls, he's lucky to be alive. The only thing scarier than the leader of Al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigade was the American Stage moms. Roaringly funny, extremely crude and a superb satire on celebrity and homophobia. BTW don't take the kids. Duh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Talk about not bringing your kids.  SBC was being interviewed on the radio the other day and they played some stuff from his prior flick.  It was very difficult explaining the song, "Throw the Jew Down the Well" to my 7 year old.  Wow.

Heh, there's no way my comment was useful! Smile I prefer Running on the Sun to Distance of Truth as far as Badwater DVDs go.

No, it was. I'll check out Running on the Sun.  Been wanting to see it. 

Talk about not bringing your kids.  SBC was being interviewed on the radio the other day and they played some stuff from his prior flick.  It was very difficult explaining the song, "Throw the Jew Down the Well" to my 7 year old.  Wow.

Wow is right, Tent.  Wow.  I can't even begin to imagine.  Honestly, the guy is funny, but only kind of, and not always. 

Imminent Catastrophe

For the satire impaired, it wasn't just a cheap laugh. The whole point was the reaction of the crowd, making a very strong statement about antisemitism. SBC is Jewish, BTW.

That would probably be lost on a 7-year-old, however.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Right.  The 7 year old is Jewish too, which made the conversation especially difficult.