RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

I'm not sure why they even try to broadcast these.  Any existing fans of the films know what they're missing but those who haven't seen these movies probably don't understand why they are such great, timeless films once the best parts of them have been edited away...

We watched Pulp Fiction on cable last night.  Funny as hell, edited.

We also tried watching the Big Lebowski (my favorite movie, ever) on cable.  We turned it off.  Just not as funny without all the f-bombs. 

Michelle

The voice of mile 18

new QT movie coming out this week inglorious b@stards wish i could find a way to go see it.  usually like his stuff but haven't seen any reviews yet

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

The voice of mile 18

ok now i'm really excited.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

District 9 is a fantastic sci-fi movie if you can stand the violence/gore.

It's not often you get a story this original done perfectly.

2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

District 9 is a fantastic sci-fi movie if you can stand the violence/gore.

It's not often you get a story this original done perfectly.

It was really, really good...boy, what a sock in the gut, though.  Definitely leaves the viewer feeling pretty heavy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Hearty recommendation here for "Inglourious Basterds".

Christoph Waltz is a revelation.  (Unless you're already very familiar with modern German cinema, unlike myself.)

“I used to be a runner. Uh-huh. Not a marathoner. A runner. Marathons are bullshit. They’re all hype. Some official picks a random day, and rain or cold, you’re out there pounding the pavement alongside 50,000 other dumbfucks. No. There’s some things it’s better to do all by yourself.” Augustus Hill, Oz
              redleaf

Okay - needed a break at work today so I went through the rest of the pages. Added 13 movies to the zip list. (Canadian version of netflix)

I just watched Blood Diamond. Good movie. I know. I suck at reviews.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Gotta TRI

Just saw Inglorious Basterds. Wow. Pure, Tarrentino. If you like any of his movies, you'll love this one. If you don't, well....

Personally would not recommend it for younguns but not personally having any don't know what they watch but will stick to my recomendation.

2010 Dec. California International Marathon 2011 Jan. Disney Marathon

Outside Lane

Just saw "Five People You Meet in Heaven" on the Hallmark Channel.  Seen this one before (a few times) and read the book before this movie ever came out - but it still has me sniffling each time.  Pretty great performance by Jon Voight.

See how they run...

Hey, nice marmot!

We also tried watching the Big Lebowski (my favorite movie, ever) on cable.  We turned it off.  Just not as funny without all the f-bombs. 

The Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior-restraint.

Ben

"The world is my country, science is my religion."-- Christiaan Huygens

The Supreme Court has roundly rejected prior-restraint.

Ha. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

skeeter and I watched "Run Fat Boy Run" the other night - and neither of us have laughed so hard in ages... gotta love British humor and the way they say "mara-thun"

skeeter and I watched "Run Fat Boy Run" the other night - and neither of us have laughed so hard in ages... gotta love British humor and the way they say "mara-thun"

I watched that movie with a room full of non-runners and they loved it.  It actually inspired some of them to consider running.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I watched that movie with a room full of non-runners and they loved it.  It actually inspired some of them to consider running.  

i was kind of annoyed when he said he was going to "run a marathon" in 3 weeks, but as the story played out, i kind of got the feeling that they were sort of making fun of the whole running thing (in a good way). i definitely laughed.