RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

You know, the way the guy was built, I could swear they had some kind of accessory on him to make his gut look bigger.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

it was definitely a fat suit. i looked at his legs in the beginning, and he definitely had defined calf muscles.

Get Lost :)

Just saw Inglorious Basterds. Wow. Pure, Tarrentino. If you like any of his movies, you'll love this one. If you don't, well....

Personally would not recommend it for younguns but not personally having any don't know what they watch but will stick to my recomendation.

I am not a fan of Tarantino films. I thought his role in Desperado was amusing however short lived, but I didn't get the Kill Bills or Pulp Fiction.

However. I finally started to understand his sick humor when I found 'Basterds' absolutely hysterical. It was even funnier because the audience with whom I saw the movie didn't seem to get it! The painter? Hilarious! It even took our Boston audience a good moment to realize that the Bear Jew was talking about Fenway.

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

Im happy for this thread.  My netflix que has gone empty.  I was going to put on there some classics/favorites.  My movie memory is so  horrible.  I cant even tell you the ending of most movies.  I really only enjoy the movie for the time I'm watching it and then I forget a lot of stuff that happens a day or two later.  It's like whenever I watch a movie, the second time, Im actually watching it for the first time.  I can only remember whether I liked, loved, hated it, or just thought it was ok/decent.

Is there a tv show thread on here?

i looked at his legs in the beginning...

Yeah, I didn't want to admit as much.  Heh.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Yeah, I didn't want to admit as much.  Heh.

i have no such qualms...

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

I like Quentin Tarantino a lot overall.  I cant say that I was ever a fan of Reservoir Dogs.  I like most of his other stuff to some degree.  Inglorious basterds was a great great flick.  I dont remember any painters.    I dont get the german actor and how she became anti-german and linked up with the IB's.  I cant wait to watch it again when it comes out on DVD. 

UP NEXT: District 9

One cool thing I like about being unemployed, if I cant want to see a movie in the theatre, AMC has a show time for the movies that start before noon that are only $4.  That's a crazy good bargain.  When was the last time you went to the movies for $4 a ticket?  I  dont even need to eat $6 boxes of candy.  If I really want something to eat, I'll just hide it in my jacket or pants pocket. 

Imminent Catastrophe

Movie quote of the month:

Stu: “We’re not going to leave a baby in the room. There’s a fucking tiger in the bathroom.”

Phil (shrugging) : "It's not our baby!"

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Movie quote of the month:

Stu: “We’re not going to leave a baby in the room. There’s a fucking tiger in the bathroom.”

Phil (shrugging) : "It's not our baby!"

I can't wait for that DVD.  I am buying that sucker.  I could watch that one over and over...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Leopard

skeeter and I watched "Run Fat Boy Run" the other night - and neither of us have laughed so hard in ages... gotta love British humor and the way they say "mara-thun"

and we laugh when we hear Americans say "mara-thON" Smile although I have to say I hate it when people say triathAlon :-(

PR's 5K: 18:37, 10K: 39:51, 15K: 58:18, Half Marathon: 1:25:51 Marathon 3:19:15

2017 Goal: getting fit and lean again, before it's too late!

I just re-watched  " Love Actually " 

God I love that movie!!!!      One of my all time favorites.    I can't get that Joni Mitchell song out of my head, etiher.

Does anyone else love this movie? ?  ?

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zombieland was AWESOME!  Nut up, or shut up! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Reporter: "What do you say to parents who think the Wild Things film may be too scary?"

Sendak: "I would tell them to go to hell. That's a question I will not tolerate."

Reporter: "Because kids can handle it?"

Sendak: "If they can't handle it, go home. Or wet your pants. Do whatever you like. But it's not a question that can be answered."

Sendak: "This concentration on kids being scared, as though we as adults can't be scared. Of course we're scared. I'm scared of watching a TV show about vampires. I can't fall asleep. It never stops. We're grown-ups; we know better, but we're afraid."

Reporter: "Why is that important in art?"

Sendak: "Because it's truth. You don't want to do something that's all terrifying. I saw the most horrendous movies that were unfit for child's eyes. So what? I managed to survive."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, Trent, I read that...I'm hoping once everyone in our family stops coughing that we can get to the theater to see it.  Shit, my kid loved the first Hellboy film...this can't possibly be freakier than that.

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Going this afternoon.