RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just watched "Bridge to Terabithia" for the second time...cried just as hard the second time, too. Awesome movie. I'm so glad I bought the DVD. I really need to read the book, now, too. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

shyrunner07

saw Bobby earlier this week. I liked all the individual stories and seeing how they were affected by the shooting. Plus I really appreciated that they didn't have someone acting the part of RFK, and instead just used actual footage of his speeches, etc. Loved the music- i'll have to pick up the soundtrack. Smile
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Simpsons...'sgood! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

I admit we're usually really behind on movies, so I'll go ahead and say that we just watched the Blair Witch Project (in-laws and DH & I). I was totally disappointed in the thing! We were all ready for a scary movie and even my MIL was laughing! Actually, she did think it was real (but stupid)...and I wasn't exactly sure...but it all seemed too hinky to me. I told her, "Ok, if it's real...then why wasn't anything recorded after both of them dropped the cameras on the floor? Did they just disintegrate along with whoever else was there? Her buddy was standing there against the wall when she dropped her camera." Needless to say, I was gullable until I just did a little surfing to confirm it was "just" a movie! Wink LOL So did anyone think it was real, find it scary, like it, think it was a waste of time?? I still might have scary dreams tonight..... Clowning around
            I admit we're usually really behind on movies, so I'll go ahead and say that we just watched the Blair Witch Project (in-laws and DH & I). I was totally disappointed in the thing! We were all ready for a scary movie and even my MIL was laughing! Actually, she did think it was real (but stupid)...and I wasn't exactly sure...but it all seemed too hinky to me. I told her, "Ok, if it's real...then why wasn't anything recorded after both of them dropped the cameras on the floor? Did they just disintegrate along with whoever else was there? Her buddy was standing there against the wall when she dropped her camera." Needless to say, I was gullable until I just did a little surfing to confirm it was "just" a movie! Wink LOL So did anyone think it was real, find it scary, like it, think it was a waste of time?? I still might have scary dreams tonight..... Clowning around
            Went to go see it, fell asleep within a half hour. Waste of dh and my time. Just my 2 cents.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That movie has become somewhat ingrained in our culture and there are so many send-offs and its style has inspired so much programming out there that it is no longer as scary. Think back to when it came out, before reality television, before the recent resurgance of horror and the current tense world political climate. There was no big web 2.0 internet with so much consumer-driven content and rehashed review upon rehashed review. It came out during a window of innocence and in a last vestage of a pre-information age in which we still had some bit of privacy. And onto that world blew this horrible, realistic, understated voyeuristic view on a world falling apart as fear mounted. We screamed for what could be in the shadows. And at the time it was very very hard to watch. And to think about. And to remember. Watching it for the first time today could not possibly have the same effect. Sadly. And because the fear mounted and the suspense grew, falling alseep after a half hour you missed the worst scariest parts. That, to me, would be like deciding Harry Potter was childish after reading just the first book Wink
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe that's why the idea of trail running freaks me out...I saw the first BW movie (never saw the sequel) on the big screen when it was still freaking people out. k

~ Sarah Kay

Maybe that's why the idea of trail running freaks me out. k
                  Oh great. Thanks for that!! Big grin
                    Watching it for the first time today could not possibly have the same effect. Sadly.
                    VERY good point! Just like watching any kind of older movie now- how you view it now is much different with all of the advancements that have been made not only in the movie making process, but the ways that we can access information. Have you ever found yourself watching an old Sci-fi movie, almost laughing...and when it came out, you thought it was the most advanced special effect show you'd ever seen? I will have to say, even now, that I think the 3 actors, especially the girl, Heather, did an excellent job. They were told to basically wander around with no real script (given a basic idea of what was happening and the character's personae) and just ad-lib the whole thing. THAT was some convincing acting considering it was a low-budget, first time film for the producers (I think) and it starred a few young unknowns!

2008 Philly Trifecta

Just saw Bourne Ultimatum this Sat ...Goood! There will probably be a part IV Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
                      2008 Philly Trifecta:
                      10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
                      Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
                      Philly Marathon-11/23
                      "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh great. Thanks for that!! Big grin
                        As if the old dude escapee from the retirement home didn't freak you out...? Wink Dave, I am also hoping for another Bourne movie--they definitely left it open-ended enough to make more...but even if it ends with #3 it was still an awesome series. k

~ Sarah Kay

That movie has become somewhat ingrained in our culture and there are so many send-offs and its style has inspired so much programming out there that it is no longer as scary. Think back to when it came out, before reality television, before the recent resurgance of horror and the current tense world political climate. There was no big web 2.0 internet with so much consumer-driven content and rehashed review upon rehashed review. It came out during a window of innocence and in a last vestage of a pre-information age in which we still had some bit of privacy. And onto that world blew this horrible, realistic, understated voyeuristic view on a world falling apart as fear mounted. We screamed for what could be in the shadows. And at the time it was very very hard to watch. And to think about. And to remember. Watching it for the first time today could not possibly have the same effect. Sadly. And because the fear mounted and the suspense grew, falling alseep after a half hour you missed the worst scariest parts. That, to me, would be like deciding Harry Potter was childish after reading just the first book Wink
                          I actually went again and saw it. Still didn't get to me (course I knew it was fake) but then again the things I've went through in life..... BTW I think I stopped living a sheltered life around 8 Confused

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

As if the old dude escapee from the retirement home didn't freak you out...? Wink
                            Eggggzackly!!!!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Superbad is super good! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"Hot Fuzz"...bwahahaha!!! God, the British are so ribald! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay