RA Movie Thread (Read 5918 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

DS and I just caught "Enchanted" this afternoon...oh, what a sweet, funny, wonderful movie! Now I see why everyone is going so gaga over Patrick Dempsey--he's adorable. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

On the other extreme, "No Country for Old Men". Wow. NOT a feel-good movie. Intense, violent, but one you won't soon forget.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Anyone have pizza?

DS and I just caught "Enchanted" this afternoon...oh, what a sweet, funny, wonderful movie! Now I see why everyone is going so gaga over Patrick Dempsey--he's adorable. Smile k
        I totally agree. That was one of those movies that my kids loved and I loved even more. That's going to be a must-have when it comes to DVD. Big grin

Anyone have pizza?

On the other extreme, "No Country for Old Men". Wow. NOT a feel-good movie. Intense, violent, but one you won't soon forget.
          That movie is playing right around the block from me. My gal's been pushing me to see Atonement which is also there.... I saw I Am Legend last night. The movie was "okay". Special effects were well done. Spooky parts in the movie, and the sound editing (if you're into that stuff) was excellent actually....
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm really jonesin' to see that one.

~ Sarah Kay

Anyone have pizza?

I totally agree. That was one of those movies that my kids loved and I loved even more. That's going to be a must-have when it comes to DVD. Big grin
              Well Kirsten, I ALMOST totally agree.....I wasn't really focusing much on Dempsey as I was on Amy Adams....And that Susan Sarandon is STILL smoking, even at 61. Tim Robbins must be a happy camper.... Tongue
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can you believe Amy Adams is in her 30s? Damn, I'll bet she gets carded more than me, and I am proud to be carded at least 50% of the time when I will be turning 35 in just a couple of months. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

I saw "I AM LEGEND". Great premise for a movie but too many holes in it. There is one big surprise if you haven't seen or heard too much. And I didn't like the ending.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw "I AM LEGEND". Great premise for a movie but too many holes in it. There is one big surprise if you haven't seen or heard too much. And I didn't like the ending.
                    Yeah, I think we will wait for DVD. Too bad it's not better--the basic plotline does sound great. I am right now looking forward to that Cloverfield movie. k

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Great movie. The actresses who played Belle, Ariel and Jasmine made cameos. And the misunderstood wicked witch kinda also made a cameo. And Disney did a smart and ironic send-up of their princesses. In the first few minutes of the movie, my wife (who knew nothing about the film) leaned over and asked whether what we were seeing was for real or was self-sattire; she could not tell. I totally agree with you!
                      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Great movie. The actresses who played Belle, Ariel and Jasmine made cameos. And the misunderstood wicked witch kinda also made a cameo. And Disney did a smart and ironic send-up of their princesses. In the first few minutes of the movie, my wife (who knew nothing about the film) leaned over and asked whether what we were seeing was for real or was self-sattire; she could not tell. I totally agree with you!
                        I had the same reaction your wife did...every second of that film was so well done. I think Walt would be thrilled. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hellboy 2. Sweet! I hope he still loves kittehs! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

I took the family to go see Alvin and the Chipmunks yesterday. Great kids movie. My wife and I found it pretty entertaining, as well. The first thing the kids did when they got home was buy the Chipmunks album on iTunes. They were signing the songs all day. I did not find this as entertaining - well, not after the first 5-10 minutes anyway. Thankfully, they (and their iPods) got to spend the night at the grandparents. Big grin

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

My 16 y/o and his best friend who is 17, went to see Alvin the other night. They really liked it. Now I want to see it.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We just saw it. It was good, but I think I prefer my zombies more comical, like DOTD or SOTD. It was kinda short, too...and you're right about the ending--that's it?! Confused I wanted to see Sweeny Todd. I hope I will still get to see that on the big screen before it's gone. k

~ Sarah Kay