Garmin HR display (Read 579 times)

uncontrollable

Why is the HR so small - I wanted to peek at it while I'm running ... I can't see that tiny number!  I tried to go to settings/display to pick HR to show up as big as time/pace/distance etc...it didn't seem to be an option.  Does anyone know how to make it bigger???

peace

Set up a training page with just one field and have that field be your HR.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

What monitor do you have?

As BT said, most of the Garmin monitors (or at least the 2 that I've owned over the past 5 years) have an ability to change the screen displays.

Within the screen, there's 1, 2, 3, or 4 displays that can show up on each screen.

If you don't put HR in either of those 4 screens, in the very top, in size 5 font (or there about), the HR shows.  While running, it's impossible to see.

(I owned a Garmin 305, and now own a Garmin 310xt).

Cheers,
        Brian

2014 Goals:

#1: Do what I can do. <DOING>

#2: 365 Hours training <NOPE, INJURED>

For the rectangular-shaped displays (205/305/310/etc.), the largest font you can get is with 1, 2 or 3 fields in the display.  Four fields shrinks them all down.  Set up a display to show HR in the first (only?) data field, and it'll get top billing and appear in the larger font.

If you have a 405-esque model, I got nothing.

“Everything you need is already inside.” -- Bill Bowerman

ud32

Great question and great answers - have had mine for 3 years and never thought you could change this. Just changed mine - to display just the heart rate on the third screen option.

I have a 405.  I setup one of the screens as HR only.  The HR display takes up the whole screen and can easily be seen while running.