Any one ever........ (Read 747 times)

Release a book on marathoning or win a marathon? Anyone ever do both in the same calendar year? Just wondering cause that would be pretty amazing.
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, THAT would be pretty dang cool.
        You mean write, and Run and Win? I agree.

Think Whirled Peas

I don't believe it COULD be done. Nope. Not possible...

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

I can't think of anybody off hand that runs, wins, and writes about it...next thing you know, they might start coaching... Speaking of which, I really need to update my sales letter, it's a few months overdue. Big grin

Run to Win
            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

JakeKnight

It's actually a good point. Blaine sort of had to win one to maintain some credibility. If I were planning to buy a book called Run to Win by a guy named "Run to Win," my very first question would be: so what have you won? And, of course, Run to Get Fourth Place isn't a very catchy title.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

It's actually a good point. Blaine sort of had to win one to maintain some credibility. If I were planning to buy a book called Run to Win by a guy named "Run to Win," my very first question would be: so what have you won? And, of course, Run to Get Fourth Place isn't a very catchy title.
                If it makes you feel any better, I have won races before. This just happened to be my first marathon win. And winning could be the attainment of any goal. My goals just happen to be beating everybody else. Big grin

Run to Win
                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)