The 53 Runner’s Commandments (Read 1536 times)

Thanks Tom~ Just what I needed to read today. I should print and hang them in a place I see them everyday. Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

JakeKnight

# 52 should definitely be in the top 3.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
        -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Isn't a list of 53 rules that contains a rule eschewing complication oxymoronic? Or is it antithetical? Confused
          celiacChris

3Days4Cure

52 definitely should be higher, at least from my limited knowledge base. I also liked #22, and probably should take #19 to heart. Chris

Chris
            PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I like 24 and 41...I got my first AG award on my first race in the 35-39 group...I think I just got lucky to be less slow than 4 of the 7 gals out there. I'm not gonna get too accustomed to this occurrence. Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Printed and hangin' on the wall. Thanks!
                C-R

Isn't a list of 53 rules that contains a rule eschewing complication oxymoronic? Or is it antithetical? Confused
                  Perhaps it's antipodal or eschewing obfuscation Either way I like #25 By the way, this list needs some refinement as I don't see any mention of garlic. Great post Tom!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

clindsey

Looks like this list has been around a while. Good luck finding a pay phone to put that quarter in when you need a ride home Smile
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Looks like this list has been around a while. Good luck finding a pay phone to put that quarter in when you need a ride home Smile
                      I was thinking that, too...plus there are no public phones anywhere near most of the places I run. That's why my cell goes with me everywhere.... Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jfa

Excellent Tom ! Thanks for that!! Cool

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

very cool. #14 really struck a chord with me. At my last HM a few weeks ago I was really wrapped up in finally breaking 2 hours. My mom was there to watch and she can barely walk. Just before the gun went off, realized how lucky I was to be able to run, regardless of which side of 2 hours I finished on. MTA: I did in fact go sub 2:00 Cool
                            very cool. #14 really struck a chord with me. At my last HM a few weeks ago I was really wrapped up in finally breaking 2 hours. My mom was there to watch and she can barely walk. Just before the gun went off, realized how lucky I was to be able to run, regardless of which side of 2 hours I finished on.
                            So Very True indeed. I try to tell myself that every time I get out there, and wonder why it just doesn't feel easier to me, and let the frustration of that thought take over the run. You gave me some great food for thought with that, and I am glad you shared that with us, especially now that I think I am going to try for a Half by the late fall. Thanks~ Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Thanks a lot Tom ! Smile

Targets 1) No injuries 2) Keep having fun 3) Some kind of PR

starfish1000

Thanks Tom! I just printed a copy and tacked it next to my running calendar. Kris