race photos (Read 1793 times)

L Train

"Yeah yeah yeah, but ... what about phase two?"

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The trouble with bundling is that there's not going to be a decent photo of every runner.

You're just not good-looking to make a decent looking photo. Unlike me. I make every photo look great!

I could even prove it, but I'm too lazy.

I could take any average photo, and then stand next to it, and by contrast, the photo is gonna look great.

It's an innate talent. I'm a god.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Some copyright infringement is classed as criminal.  Compare 17 USC s. 501 (civil) with 17 USC s. 506 (criminal).

Thanks (seriously).

And I just learned that the photographer needs to charge $1,000 or more, to ensure that copright infringement thereof is criminal.

It occurred to me later, that it could probably also be attacked under that murky, incomprehensible (to me) area of civil law known as tort -- conversions, and all that crap I can't follow because I just don't drink enough alcohol to understand legal explanations.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

You're just not good-looking to make a decent looking photo. Unlike me. I make every photo look great!

I could even prove it, but I'm too lazy.

I could take any average photo, and then stand next to it, and by contrast, the photo is gonna look great.

It's an innate talent. I'm a god.

Chimps are cute!

Nah, I think it's your brightness.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

It occurred to me later, that it could probably also be attacked under that murky, incomprehensible (to me) area of civil law known as tort -- conversions, and all that crap I can't follow because I just don't drink enough alcohol to understand legal explanations.

For the most part, federal copyright laws preempt state tort laws aimed at the same wrongful act, such as conversion.

-- Dick LeBeau

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Nah, I think it's your brightness.

Maybe it's his hue.

I'll ax him.

Oops, wrong hue.

-- Dick LeBeau

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran a throwaway HM this past weekend. Brightroom was there. They got 4 shots of me. Three of the shots are bad. One is okay. I'd love a download maybe to put on FaceBook. I'd even pay a few bucks for it, maybe even $5. Heck, if it were as good as one of Elly's (it was not) I'd even happily pay $10.

They are charging $59 for the download.

Sale lost.

TripleBock

I think it would be worth the experiment for them to take 1 race and charge really reasonable prices for pictures and downloads and see if the volume produced a greater profit than the high priced pictures and downloads.  I have never ordered one ~ I think my limit would be $2 for a download.  For $1 I would download mutliple pictures of hot looking women ~ Well not really ... But I aspire to be a dirty old man someday - So I like to practice that frame of mind

I ran a throwaway HM this past weekend. Brightroom was there. They got 4 shots of me. Three of the shots are bad. One is okay. I'd love a download maybe to put on FaceBook. I'd even pay a few bucks for it, maybe even $5.

Sale lost.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Wing

Joggaholic

I ran a throwaway HM this past weekend. Brightroom was there. They got 4 shots of me. Three of the shots are bad. One is okay. I'd love a download maybe to put on FaceBook. I'd even pay a few bucks for it, maybe even $5. Heck, if it were as good as one of Elly's (it was not) I'd even happily pay $10.

Sale lost.

I have the same sentiment. Brightroom wanted $25 for a single photo or $65 for all of them. I only wanted maybe 2 of the 8 that they have shot of me. Way too pricey...

Elly.

huh.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

My wife does a really good job of taking race photos.  The only problem is she normally gets a picture of the person right in front of me, or right behind me. Too bad I don't know those people or perhaps I could make a few extra $! 

IMKY13 finish!!

Sale lost.

I did that same HM.  When I but in my bib#, guess how many photos came up....none.  And I bet I'll get a gazillion e-mails from Brightroom asking me to buy photos from the event.

Fitness/weight goals for 2014

1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!

2) Get to 189 lbs by the end of July 2014...and stay there (as of 4-25-14 was at 203 lbs)

3) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours

4) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)

5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:

Swim: 100 miles

Bike: 3,000 miles

Run: 1,400 miles