Saucony Virrata (Read 442 times)

Yeah I just bought another pair of Virrata. At 50.90 I couldn't afford not to ... or something. I have a shoe problem.

For another data point on durability my current pair of Virrata is at 477 miles and feel fine (though they don't smell fine.)

Runners run

Yeah I just bought another pair of Virrata. At 50.90 I couldn't afford not to ... or something. I have a shoe problem.

For another data point on durability my current pair of Virrata is at 477 miles and feel fine (though they don't smell fine.)

run a 1/2 size small do they?

run a 1/2 size small do they?

Yes--I've become a huge believer in ShoeFitr. It recommended half a size bigger than what I wear in a Kinvara, and it was correct.

Runners run

Yes--I've become a huge believer in ShoeFitr. It recommended half a size bigger than what I wear in a Kinvara, and it was correct.

+1. Shoefitr has nailed it for me each time.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Weird. So, comparing the virrata, I entered some current shoes:

Saucony K3 10 1/2 (fit=good) - Shoefitr recommends a 10 1/2

Skechers GoRun 2  10 1/2 (fit=good) - shoefitr recommends a 11 1/2 (what?)

Skechers GoRun Speed 10 1/2 (fit=little loose) - recommends 11 (GoRun Speeds run really long)

Adidas boston 4s 11 (fit=good) - Shorfitr recommends 11 (B4s run small)

Adidas Boston 3 10 1/2 (fit=good) - Shoefitr recommends 10 1/2

Just weird. I'll take the average and go with an 11.

I am starting to err on the side of the bigger size; slightly more room in the toe box.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Mmmmm...beer

I picked up a pair of Virratas on liquidation as well, and love them.  I've only had a couple of runs in them so far, but they're great.  I'll be ordering more while they're still cheap.  From what I've read, the Virrata 2 that's coming out will be pretty much the same, just with some minor updates to the upper, so that's good.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

SubDood

Thanks for the tip, EGH3. Ordered my 2nd pair of Virratas today. 490 miles on 1st pair, so good timing.

I also recently got the Brooks Pure Drift for about the same price at RW. I've run only twice in them, but they seem similar to the Virratas, maybe slightly less cushiony. The Pure Drifts have a removable liner to go from 4mm to 0mm drop. Haven't tried that yet. I figured I'd buy a size 10.5 and if it was too snug with the liner, I could take it out and make it work. If I'd known about the Virratas at this price, I would've skipped the Drifts.

Weird. So, comparing the virrata, I entered some current shoes:

Saucony K3 10 1/2 (fit=good) - Shoefitr recommends a 10 1/2

Skechers GoRun 2  10 1/2 (fit=good) - shoefitr recommends a 11 1/2 (what?)

Skechers GoRun Speed 10 1/2 (fit=little loose) - recommends 11 (GoRun Speeds run really long)

Adidas boston 4s 11 (fit=good) - Shorfitr recommends 11 (B4s run small)

Adidas Boston 3 10 1/2 (fit=good) - Shoefitr recommends 10 1/2

Just weird. I'll take the average and go with an 11.

11 was way too big. Virratas only run a 1/2 size small on Mikey.

I haven't had an issue with the Virratas running small.  I take the same size as I do in the Kinvara.  Then again, I have a wide midfoot, and I think the absence of structure in the Virrata may help it fit me better (i.e., it does not feel restrictively tight against the sides of my foot like more "supportive" shoes often do).

Box from RW came today with Virratas. I definitely thought price was worth a try. Will let you know soon how they are.

About 90 miles on them now, with a long run, a race, a tempo, easy and recovery miles on them. Just a super comfortable shoe. A lot like the gorun2's, but don't have to worry about every rock in the road. Pretty much what I want in a shoe is not to think about them at all, and these deliver.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

So, did some easy running and some strides in the Virratas. Promptly went back to running Warehouse and ordered another pair to throw in the closet - now $46.55 with FB15d discount. They are awesome.

Received my first pair Wednesday from Runners Warehouse on clearance. . Ran an 8K this morning in them.  Just ordered a 2nd pair in a different color.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Mmmmm...beer

I had a $200 credit at RW from returning shoes I didn't like, so I picked up four more pairs of Virratas. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Just hope your size is not 10.5

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot