ANOTHER one of those days....(time for a vacation) (Read 574 times)

I was in the middle of typing a post for here, about how I don't own a heart monitor to wear while I'm running, and then my husband calls and says "So, what are you doing?"...Of course I said, ummm, working, why. Then he says, "do you want to go get Anthony and take him to the ER, or should I?"...WHAT! Anthony is my 15 year old...turns out he was riding his bike to work (Dominos) like he usually does and as he was in a cross walk, some lady driving made an illegal right turn on red and HIT HIM. I went to his work and talked with the police...Anthony wasn't hurt badly, his left leg took the brunt of the impact getting somewhat trapped under her bumper and pressed into his bike. I had to take him for x-rays and we'll find out the results in the a.m. The woman did stop, but she didn't get outof her car, she yelled over to him to see if he was okay. He mumbled, "I'm fine", and then using his bike as a crutch he hobbled off the road, then the woman left. Some guy nearby took down her plate number and followed Anthony into his work (the accident happened right outside of his work). At this point I'm not sure what to expect. I didn't take him to the ER, we were able to schedule with our regular doctor and then go for an x-ray. I've never had to deal with someone else's insurance (but we're going to do all the right paperwork and see what happens). Seems like it will be a hassle. Anthony is a good kid, he's responsible enough and I trust what he said about how he had the right of way and was already in the crosswalk...plus, the witness said the same thing. All the mornings that I drive him to school and have to listen to my husband tell me I'm babying him, well now I don't feel like I've been in the wrong all this time. I'm just grateful that it was such a minor accident. I AM IN NEED OF A VACATION. I want to sit on the beach sipping some frozen drink, hearing nothing but the sound of the waves hitting the shore. My nerves just threatened to get up and leave the building. That's all. I just wanted to vent. MODIFIED TO ADD: Oh, and I didn't get to run yet today. Angry

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Some guy nearby took down her plate number and followed Anthony into his work (the accident happened right outside of his work).
      Her ass is SO grass! Give her HELL! For your son and for all of us who have had close calls with dumbasses driving multi-ton weapons. You DO deserve a vacation! What a week you have had... *gives Michelle a much-needed, non-sexual hug* (disclaimer added for the perverts on this site...yes, I'm looking at you, Scout Wink ) k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Press charges. That's leaving the scene at least, possibly assault. Sue. Teach the fool a lesson. Do not let her get away with her blatant, stupid negligence. Seriously. Get a lawyer. I'm all about punishing willful idiots. did

Her ass is SO grass! Give her HELL! For your son and for all of us who have had close calls with dumbasses driving multi-ton weapons.
          I'm not really angry with her. We've all made mistakes - of course if things were different (meaning worse) I wouldn't be so forgiving, but it wasn't intentional. I feel bad about having to go through her insurance but the hospital has me fearing the Gods of Insurance Fraud by trying to get my health insurance to pay. Ugh, what a mess. I didn't talk with her, or see her yet. The police handled it all so far.

Michelle

*gives Michelle a much-needed, non-sexual hug* (disclaimer added for the perverts on this site...yes, I'm looking at you, Scout Wink ) k
            Thanks for the hug and the disclaimer (for Scout's sake - although if we act confident and get nekkid, he'd be tickled pink). *lol* (reference from the "feet" thread- boy do I regret posting that one- gross)

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm not really angry with her. We've all made mistakes
              Her mistake wasn't so much hitting your son as not sticking around to make sure he was OK and just leaving. In no way is that ever OK. I'd go after her butt for that factor alone.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Her mistake wasn't so much hitting your son as not sticking around to make sure he was OK and just leaving. In no way is that ever OK. I'd go after her butt for that factor alone.
                I agree. She made a bad decision there. I have never hit anyone but I wouldn't even think of leaving like that. Especially a kid.

Michelle

My son said she looked like she was young, like in her 20's. I was joking with him and asked if he thought she was cute and he said "no, she just hit me with her car!!"...He's a little bent (no pun intended). Roll eyes

Michelle