Northern latitude pre-dawn runners: the dark days of winter have turned (Read 440 times)

I know the shortest day was back on December 21st.  But now the sunrises are getting earlier, too.  I swear I noticed that extra minute this morning. 

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/dark_days.php

I've noticed it in the evenings driving home.  Nice to see our friend the sun a bit longer each day.  I can handle cold and snow but I don't like the dark.

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

GKA

GKA

I run in the evenings and noticed that it was little lighter when I started.  At the end of my run I had to admire the beautiful full moon over the Mormon temple.  Beautiful evening.

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

uncontrollable

I actually did notice that it was still dusk but not dark at 4:30 pm a few days ago!  Such a simple thing made me so happy!  That just allows more miles with less pressure!  A month ago - I would be doing errands or cleaning the house etc - look at the clock & if it was after 2:00 pm, I would feel that urgency ... "better get dressed & get out there to get my run in"!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE when I feel like I have until 8:00 pm of outdoor light to do things outside.  It is just awesome.

peace