Stress Fracture update - exactly one year post injury day! (Read 638 times)

Now that was a bath...

It's a year to the day that I ran that 12k out on the island of Waiheke. And would you cocoa it? My leg does indeed appear healed after those painful Extracorporeal Shock Treatments! Just as they promised, one month post treatments I was pain free and for the first time in a year it doesn't hurt to press on the bone. I am so excited Big grin Anyhow I am taking it easy but the Sport's Doctor has started me with some power walking training. I am looking at starting running again sometime around the end of February according to him. I went out on my first walk last week and couldn't quite get my head around the fact that it didn't hurt. I waited all the next day expecting something - but nada - nothing - pain free still! Second walk the same - leg felt strong and I am managing a comfortable 14:30 walking pace. Still no pain! I haven't been able to do more than slowly shuffle around the house pain free for a year now! It just seems unbelievable. Can I get a 'Woot woot'? Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Can I get a 'Woot woot'?
      W00T x 10, even! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

That's great news Claire!!! Cool
        ---- Cynthia

Now that was a bath...

Zoomers - glad you came to the table. One of the reasons that I actually stayed more than momentarily on this site (ok - the running log and wonderful people also helped) was a beautiful little thread where the King that is Jake knight chastised you for the use of the word 'Woot' Here it is...The 'Woot' thread I liked you immediately, but it took me an hour or two to get my head around JK. I remember now thinking - 'Wow that Jake Knight is a bit of an A-hole' And it took me a day of reading all his posts to fully understand his humor and by the end of that I adored him Big grin Claire xxx
        • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
        • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awww...Claire, I had forgotten how much fun that thread was...BTW, whatever happened to Purdey and Slinky. They were such a fun couple. Smile I'm glad that I had a hand in you staying on at RA... Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Great news Claire - look forward to hearing that you are back running very soon!

My dogs are fast, not me

Excellent news, Claire! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your ongoing recovery. Robin

Robin

It's a year to the day that I ran that 12k out on the island of Waiheke. And would you cocoa it? My leg does indeed appear healed after those painful Extracorporeal Shock Treatments! Just as they promised, one month post treatments I was pain free and for the first time in a year it doesn't hurt to press on the bone. I am so excited Big grin Anyhow I am taking it easy but the Sport's Doctor has started me with some power walking training. I am looking at starting running again sometime around the end of February according to him. I went out on my first walk last week and couldn't quite get my head around the fact that it didn't hurt. I waited all the next day expecting something - but nada - nothing - pain free still! Second walk the same - leg felt strong and I am managing a comfortable 14:30 walking pace. Still no pain! I haven't been able to do more than slowly shuffle around the house pain free for a year now! It just seems unbelievable. Can I get a 'Woot woot'? Claire xxx
                  WOOT WOOT!! Congrats Claire!!!! I am soooooo happy for you!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Another Passion

WOOT to the tenth power Claire! Wink I luvs me sum Zoomy WOOTS! I luvs me sum Zoomy luvs me sum, too. Confused

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com