Wether widget temp off (Read 24 times)

Not dead. Yet.

I usually notice when I visit my training log that the weather widget's temp is lower than I expect.  Today it looked low (78.1), so I clicked the link on the widget that took me to the weatherbug site.  Well the temperature listed on that page was different than the temp on the widget.  It showed 86.6.

It looks like perhaps the widget only reaches out for the temperature rarely.  So it doesn't get the updated temperature on each page load and shows the last temperature it received that might have been hours ago.  Can it be set up to have a more current reading?

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

eric :)

The current temperatures are updated every 10 minutes while the forecast is updated every hour.  The most likely culprit is the weather station you're using.  The widget displays two locations.  The large text is your general location, and the smaller text below is the location of the weather station.  RA finds the nearest station to the location you provided.  "Springfield, OR" might yield a different station from "123 Main St, Springfield, OR".

When you're comparing to the Weather Bug's temperature, check to see if it's using the same weather station. Weather Bug might pick a different station even when you click on the weather link because their page only displays by city.  You can always change the location in the weather widget to that of the weather station from Weather Bug.

eric Smile

Not dead. Yet.

That was it!

Thanks, Eric.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?