No longer a 40mpw Virgin! (Read 1015 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, popped my cherry... Evil grin Miserable day to do it, though...first I had a little wardrobe malfunction with my newest running skirt (see my log--good thing to ALWAYS do a "test run" of race day clothes BEFORE race day. Let's just say that the back of the skirt wanted to climb up under my Amphipod belt) and had to return home to put on a skirt I know won't bare my, ahem, assets. Then it started to rain as I set out and the wind picked up...then the temp dropped 10º (the roads even started to steam). 40º windchills aren't particularly conducive to wearing Summer-weight running attire. Black eye But now I get to enjoy an easy week before my race and then 3 subsequent lower-mileage weeks before the marathon training starts. Smile Beer here! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Great job, Zoomie! For some reason, I always end up injured when I push up that far. Try to keep your wits about you Wink

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So far, so good. 40 this year is easier than 35 was last Fall. Though today's run was kinda stiff--I think that's due to being cold and yesterday's tough run. My outer right arch is a little cranky, too...I've had some minor issues with that off-and-on for over a year, now. I think it's mild peroneal tendonitis. I'm definitely ready for a few easier weeks, now.

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

Good job K!!! Have a beer for me.
          all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Good job. Viewing your log I thought you were already marathon training. What is your monthly build to goal.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Congrats, Zoomy! Big milestone for you! I'm sure it won't be too long Before we will see the 45 and 50 mpw versions of this report from you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

wow, still working on my 30 mpw. great job and l'm looking forward to one of those (by july?) A

Recalculating...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go, Kirsten!! Especially considering how you've been feeling lately. I'm glad you get a bit of a break now.

Another Passion

Congratulations Zoomy! That's awesome. See you in GR.

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Ringmaster

Congrats, Zoomie! You are going to rock your 26.2!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                      Mile by Mile

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good job. Viewing your log I thought you were already marathon training. What is your monthly build to goal.
                        I'm *hoping* to build up to 50mpw at my peak, so probably sometime in early Sept. That's kinda scary. Actually, what scares me is long runs when it gets hot. Me no likey running when it's much above 75.

~ Sarah Kay

I think I like the "Wardrobe Malfunction" log entry even better than "Stupid" and "Big Stupid" Made me laugh Big grin Big grin
                            Wow, that is impressive Kirsten! You are sooooo going to rock that marathon!

The Greatest of All Time

Me no likey running when it's much above 75.
                              HTFU Zoomy. Big grin (sorry, had to do it)
                              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think I like the "Wardrobe Malfunction" log entry even better than "Stupid" and "Big Stupid" Made me laugh Big grin Big grin
                                I'm like the white Janet Jackson...except I can't sing...or dance...and I've never made out with Justin Timberlake (that's the part I'm most sad about).

~ Sarah Kay