Victim of snot rocket at gym. Appropriate response? (Read 370 times)

Interesting responses. If the OP were on the receiving end of said "snot rocket" "outdoors", would it be considered acceptable behavior? Would anyone answer differently?

If I am next to a stranger and I get a snot rocket blown on me and I say something and get ignored because of his earphones, I am probably going to trip him or cut him off or something.

I am not going to tell on him though.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

I guess this makes passing gas not seem all that bad of an offense. It's harder to control the later, from what people tell me.

sugnim

I would have loudly said something like, "Hey, you pig!  You just intentionally blew snot all over the place & hit my leg!  Are you even going to clean it off the floor & equipment so that the rest of us don't have to wade in your mucous?"  Saying something like this loud enough to make everyone stop & stare has the effect of embarrassing the guy who did it & having everyone watch him humiliatingly clean it up or know that he disgustingly does not.  He will quickly lose friends & may eventually have to give into social pressure & stop behaving like a booger geyser while on the treadmill.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Sugnim for the win on this thread!

Snarl snarl.

Workplace gym? Put some stolen office supplies in his car. Call HR. help him find a box for his things as he leaves in disgrace.

Julia1971

Workplace gym? Put some stolen office supplies in his car. Call HR. help him find a box for his things as he leaves in disgrace.

Diabolical!  You're good (and not to be messed with I'm guessing).

Gator eye

WTF? That is so unbelievably nasty. Some people are so sick and rude, yuck.

Ultra Cowboy

This is why you take a squeeze type handheld water bottle.  a sharp stream to the ear sure would have got his attention.

kinda reminds me of this scene though....

http://youtu.be/X79-kc4NSpM

WYBMADIITY

Save

Hill Slug

LOL.  Some very good suggestions on this thread.  I'm ready for the gym. Big grin

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

an amazing likeness

I'd hope to approach it by asking -- ' If I had been the snot shooter, what would I want the victim to say to me in response to my transgression?'.    Answer...I'd like a firm, direct, but calm tap to stop me on the treadmill and bring the issue to my attention.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Goorun

I guess this makes passing gas not seem all that bad of an offense. It's harder to control the later, from what people tell me.

Is this an explanation for Boiler Tom user name? Just asking.Wink

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Goorun

I'm usually so shocked when stuff like this happens that I don't do anything but give a death glare.

Did he actually apply pressure to one nostril and blow, or could it have been expelled accidently?  LOL!  I can't believe I just wrote that.  It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the "magic loogie".

I'm sorry you snotted on.  Sad

Big grin

plus the offender is probably urinator too.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Julia1971

Big grin

plus the offender is probably urinator too.

And, refers to himself in the third person.  "Jimmy can't breathe with snot in his nose.  But sometimes, Jimmy forgets he's indoors.  Jimmy wishes he said sorry to the nice lady on the treadmill for snotting on her".

Hill Slug

And he wears these strange looking sneakers.

And, refers to himself in the third person.  "Jimmy can't breathe with snot in his nose.  But sometimes, Jimmy forgets he's indoors.  Jimmy wishes he said sorry to the nice lady on the treadmill for snotting on her.

All time PR:  1:20 HM. 2:49 M

2013 goal:  Master's PR HM  Recover from illness/finish the year strong

Rage, rage against the dying of the light

You'll ruin your knees!

At the very least he should have had a towel he could have sneezed into.  I never get on a treadmill without a towel to wipe the sweat off.

Stand in front of offender, take his towel, wipe armpits, then offending bodily fluids, replace towel, continue workout.  Please do not change the time you run, make him accountable!!!  Outdoor, snot rocket OK, indoor, not OK.  Indoor or outdoor, unacceptable to hit another runner with snot rocket!!!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)