In Your Running Experience Have You Ever Had to Use Construction Site Port A Potty? (Read 328 times)

Al Kabong47

For most women this would be hard but where I live and development continues I sometimes look for them and have on occasion because of morning coffee had to utilize them in my morning run.

HermosaBoy

Construction site, golf course, random one while someone is remodeling -- any port in a storm...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Bruno

+1 . Use any Port a John available.  95% of the time they're better than alternative.  Exceptions for ones that have been recently turned over, are near full and have been sitting in direct sun all day etc.

GinnyinPA

I run in the country.  The only time I get something like a real bathroom is at housing construction sites.  On long runs, I make sure I pass at least one, if possible.  Otherwise it's into the woods or cornfields.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yep.Fortunately if I do my long runs near the county park, they have indoor facilities with running water I've also gone into McDonalds solely to use their bathroom.

Yes, and boy, was I happy to find it!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I run mostly in suburban subdivisions. There have been days where trash cans looked very, very appealing. Never had to do that, but those are always a tough trot/purposeful walk home praying that no neighbors are out who want to talk.

Dropped a duece behind a tree not long ago and had leave one my Darn Tough running socks behind as well.

Capt Awesome

I've had t use many a Porta potty whenever and wherever I can find one. I've since begun taking precautions before long runs (no pun intended) such as an Immodium to be on the safe side. I generally do the same thing for races that will take awhile... 15k and up.

mikeymike

Runners run

Joann Y

Yes. That would be one of the more luxurious ways to go.

this!!!

This.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I wouldn't hesitate.

steph  

kaleidoscopeEyes

Construction site porta potties are all fair game.  But I prefer the public library for peeing.  It's air conditioned, a good use of my tax dollars, and much cleaner than the construction site porta potties and gas station piss closets.

The only porta potties I feel funny using are the ones in people's driveways when they are remodeling.  I kinda feel like I'm breaking & entering when I do that, cause I'm in someone's yard.  I guess it's slightly worse than chucking your garbage and recycling in your neighbor's garbage and recycling bins, but not as bad as pool hopping.  Unless you piss in their pool.

I also tiptoed into this building once to pee and was scared I was gonna get screamed at:

^^That's the nicest destination pee I have ever had.