Sport Wax vs. Body Glide (Read 1127 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Anyone else tried both products? I've been a big fan of BG since I first started running, but I may convert to Sport Wax. It's quite a bit cheaper and seems to work as well (have only used it just today for an almost 8 miler in the heat--no inner thigh chafe, still haven't tried it on the spot where I usually get a teeny blister from my Kayanos). I believe the ingredients are mineral oil, lanolin, and beeswax. And it's made only an hour away, in Grand Rapids, MI. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, I know why Sport Wax is cheaper than BG...it sux. My inner thighs are PISSED after 10.5 miles. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Prophet!

for some reason i don't really associate wax with being slippery...prolly cause we use it on surfboards so we don't slide.... don't skimp...use the glide for a smooth ride...

Finished!

for some reason i don't really associate wax with being slippery...prolly cause we use it on surfboards so we don't slide.... don't skimp...use the glide for a smooth ride...
          never thought of it that way....that last bit had me giggling Blush
          Walk + Jog = wog.
          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's funny, I think the BG is actually "waxier." The Sport Wax is more sticky and I think that's the problem. It seemed to work well in areas where I had clothing friction (feet, lower back where I get chafing from my Camelbak or Amphipod belt), but skin on skin (like my inner thigh area)...OWIE!!! k

~ Sarah Kay

mikeymike

KY? Just sayin'.

Runners run

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

KY? Just sayin'.
                Ewww...that just sounds slimy! I'm thinkin' water-based lube wouldn't really work so well...but a silicone-based one might... Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Zoom where can u get the sports wax?
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think it may only be available in West MI stores, as it's made around here. You can order it online, too: Sport Wax k

~ Sarah Kay

sometimes if i've got the wrong bag and don't have my BG, regular ol' anti-perspirant works just fine at preventing the ol' "chub rub" aka thigh chafing. never tried it on clothing chafed areas, though, or on my feet.

You'll ruin your knees!

I recently switched from BG to this stuff.. I use the powder on my feet and the roll-on on my chafe-zones...lasts long enough for me and does not have any waxy feel to it...goes on clear liquid, dries very fast and leaves no sign of being there or on clothes. I have been amazed at how effective it is... NFI, but here's their website... http://www.2toms.com/products.html Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I recently switched from BG to this stuff..
                          If I trust anyone's word on a product like this, it's yours! Smile Hmmm...now I have 2 full sticks of BG that should last me into next year, but I will definitely keep this stuff in mind. The price is about the same, so that's no issue. k

~ Sarah Kay

...lasts long enough for me... Lynn B
                            What's that? About 72 hours of straight running? Wink
                            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

You'll ruin your knees!

What's that? About 72 hours of straight running? Wink
                              Uhhh, no way! I've never gone over 48 hours... Tongue

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Go Pre!

Sorry, I couldn't resist mentioning that Zoomy was first to reply, even to your own post Smile Smile Smile