Am I weird? (Read 559 times)

Mother just asked what I would like for my birthday and I told her that running room gift certificates would make me really happy. She then asked what I would like for christmas this year. (She is one of those people who finish shopping before christmas carols are playing). I told her that she could pay the entrance fee for a 5K on December 31 for me. She looked at me like I needed an intervention! Am I so wierd? The race gives out a nice running jacket instead of a T-shirt so I'd really be getting a jacket, right?

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Thats not weird, I think those are great gift ideas! When people ask me what I want, it is usually something related to fitness. Last Christmas I asked for an iPod nano and a Nike + and for my birthday this year I asked for a new heart rate monitor. Cool
      ---- Cynthia
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not at all...unless every other RA member is also weird (not saying that this is not the case, but at least you're in good company, right?). I REALLY want a Garmin for Christmas, especially after doing several runs with a friend who has one. I get a thrill every time I hear that mile alarm chirp. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I get a thrill every time I hear that mile alarm chirp.
          I would too if mine hadn't lost that chirping feeling. *sniff* *sniff*. Cry (Sending Garmie out this week for repair).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no...poor Garmie. Get better soon! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Getting a jacket for running a 5K= Awesome!
                I thought the jacket thig was great. THe race is the resolution run. It is held by the running room. Good so I can the family shrink that I won't be needing his services. I erally got to get some family members other than my 9 year old involved with my obsession.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Another Passion

Practical isn't weird... you're my kinda guy Hills! Smile

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com