New "comfy" pace!! (Read 1153 times)

Heh...in HS I was a sprinter (100 and 200). NOW (at age 34) I have endurance, but at heart I'm still a sprinter. I wish there were track meets for grown-ups. I think now I'd love to try my hand (heh, feet) at the 400 or maybe even 800. Smile k
    I think there ARE track meets for adults (we're adults? Big grin) .... look around, talk to your friendly local running store!
    2009: BQ?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think there ARE track meets for adults (we're adults? Big grin) .... look around, talk to your friendly local running store!
      I. would. die...of happiness!!! Though with my luck I'd pull something and not be able to run for weeks... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I tried track one semester (fight with my lax coach), and I. Was. Horrible. I ran the mile and did the triple jump ... both HORRIBLY. What's cool though is that my fastest mile in high school was like 7:14, and I can now run a 10K at a 7:39 pace Big grin
        2009: BQ?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What's cool though is that my fastest mile in high school was like 7:14, and I can now run a 10K at a 7:39 pace Big grin
          See...and I think my best mile (just goofing around in PE) was ~8 minutes. Now I don't think I could pull off anything faster than 9. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay