quick iron fix? (Read 890 times)

BTW Kirsten I share the same problem. At one point in my teens they did a test poked me and took this little white wheel thing that soaked up the blood) to see how fast my blood clotted. Took alot longer than normal but I guess not too long to be dangerous.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If it is Von Willebrand, you owe me an ice cream. Chocolate. Cool
      Any particular brand? Big grin Hey, Pam...maybe we should make my dad eat his cigarettes! Wink k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Chris UK

can you imagine trying to eat a cigarette aka faggot? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
        Actually a cigarette is a fag and a fag is a faggot but a faggot is not a cigarette. Undecided Both terms should however be avoided when referring to a male of a certain persuasion as a smack in the gob will often offend. Glad we got that cleared up. Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I always thought a fagot was a low double-reed instrument, sometimes also called a bassoon. Wink Fagot also means "bundle of sticks." And now we wonder how it came to be used in a derogatory way. Tongue
            Chris UK

And now we wonder how it came to be used in a derogatory way. Tongue
              Wonder ye not - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(epithet)

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

JLoper

My husband and I both were recently training for races -he was training for Marine Corps Marathon, and I was training for the Baltimore Half Marathon. He was experiencing sore, aching muscles, as well as unexplained fatigue (more so than usual). Recently I had also experienced a great deal of fatigue as well as random, widespread bruising, that was much more severe looking than what I would have expected. Our doctors both had bloodwork done and we both came back with mild anemia. They also explained to us as sports physicians that often endurance athletes, who indulge in the carbs for energy, can sometimes overlook eating enough food from other categories, and thus result in a diet lower in iron. So, it's quite possible that training can be related to anemia, and regardless of what causes what, in my opinion it's a good idea to have something checked out if you're suspicious. We're both on iron supplements in addition to eating iron rich foods, and feeling much better. Women in their 20s-30s are also prone to iron deficiencies for OTHER reasons... Roll eyes