Breakfast (Read 786 times)

Hey, i was wondering what would be a good breakfast to eat, because earlier this week i only had a nutri-grain bar before practice and i felt weak, so now i eat a bowl of cheerios, and my stomach feels just as empty. I'm not skimping out on dinner or lunch, so I don't know what the problem is. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Matt

Marathonmanleto

Try eating some protein in the morning. It stays with you and keeps you feeling satisfied longer than just carbs. Hard boiled eggs are great to have around. Also Peanut butter on whole grain toast works well. Good luck!
        I like a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and banana.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, protein. Will help keep your blood sugar from going wonky, too. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Any you folks tried sunbutter (sunflower seeds mashed up sorta like peanut butter)? I recommend it. It's pretty good and if you're one of those allergic to peanuts it makes a great substitute. modal (who loves the taste of JIF)

Vim

hmmm - i was considering posting a question like this in Jiggly Joggers. I either eat 2 slices of toast (soy and linseed bread) with an olive oil based spread when i get up (about 7am) or have a small bowl of microwave porridge once i get to work (about 8am). regardless of which i'm hungry to the point of feeling faint by 12. peanut butter definitely improves things but i'm a bit wary of huge amounts of additional fat it seems to be adding. poached egg works well at the weekend but is too much hassle before work. so at the moment i'm going for a mid-morning snack (a handful of trail mix or a muesli bar) but i'm still ready to gnaw my own arm off by midday.
              Wingz

Professional Noob

I like Cheerios too, but whenever I eat them I'm hungry like an hour and a half later. I find that if a cold cereal has 5 grams of fiber/serving on the side of the box then it's likely to hold me much longer. Try raisin bran, frosted mini-wheats, fiber one, etc. Also, you can add a banana to breakfast - that helps. Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

I like Cheerios too, but whenever I eat them I'm hungry like an hour and a half later. I find that if a cold cereal has 5 grams of fiber/serving on the side of the box then it's likely to hold me much longer. Try raisin bran, frosted mini-wheats, fiber one, etc. Also, you can add a banana to breakfast - that helps. Smile
                  Cheerios does the same to me, I'm starving in no time. But that's nothing new, I'm always hungry. For a while I was on a toast with honey kick, it was quite an energy boost, but like the cheerios it wasn't enough so I had to eat a banana as well. I have developed quite an eating tradition of having a Nutri-Grain Yogurt bar before every run, no matter what time of the day. In the morning it's just the right amount of food to stop the growling, and it keeps me going through the run and until I get to eat the rest of breakfast. AND...it has never bothered my stomach, even with eating one just as I'm walking out the door to run.

Michelle

Along for the Ride

My latest is a whole grain english muffin with "Laughing Cow light" cheese spread. Only 35 calories per wedge, has extra protein and is pretty tasty. I'll have some fruit with that. Or the old weight-watchers recipe. Whole wheat tortilla with a scrambled egg (will work nicely in the microwave). Add some fresh spinach, parmesan cheese and salsa. That holds me over for a long time ...

Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

smc3720

I have a bowl of Oatmeal, The real stuff, and a bananna. That seems to hold me for the morning. I use the real stuff, not the instant, it has a lot more fiber, and helps filll you up.
                      sheil2009

21:00

I eat Kashi cereal with banana slices; it tastes and is good for you!