Richmond Road Runners 10k Turkey Trot (Read 447 times)

Another Passion

This was only my third race. It was (is) a gorgeous day, mostly sunny, temp around 68. Race started on the campus of the University of Richmond and stretched out into the surrounding neighborhoods. Very pretty campus and neighborhoods. TONS of hills and portions of the race off-road with more hills with very rough terrain! My initial goal coming down here was 52:00 or under. When I saw the course and the terrain, I threw out any time goal. For not training on hills at all at home (I live in a very flat area), I think I tolerated the course pretty well and ended up finishing with a "gun time" of 56:08 and watch time (no chips) of 54:34 (which may actually have been less as I forgot to stop my watch at the finish). The quarter to half mile before the six mile mark was all a steady incline, the sadistic bastaads that set up this course. The course was brutal, but it was a blast, and I am quite happy with my effort and content with my time considering. And now, dinner will be served soon and I won't feel as guilty about my impending gluttony!! Big grin Happy Thanksgiving again everyone! ps - I was sporting my new light blue RunningAHEAD t in the race! It was very comfy and appropriate for the abnormally warm day. pps or pss or whatever - The new avatar pic was a couple of girls that ran the race dressed up as turkeys. Cool

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Great Job Dude! Nice you got that caloric deficiency set off this morn.
      The new avatar pic was a couple of girls that ran the race dressed up as turkeys. Cool
      I didn't see anything like that today, but I saw plenty of ladies in compression shorts/pants. Big grin haha 68F? Dang, it was 39F degrees this morning for my 10KM! I post more on my Turkey Trot later) modal (who reminds everyone that a little gratitude goes a long way.)

Vim

Congrats on the 10K --- it's really warm here too! Enjoy dinner tonight!
        2009: BQ?
          Nice job on the race, Rick! It'll feel good starting thanksgiving gluttony with a calorie deficit! Happy Thanksgiving to you and thanks for the race report.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Great race Rick! I think that's a great time for your 3rd race...especially in light of all the hills. Congrats!