Traveling with shoes (Read 1308 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Normally I rotate among three pair of shoes. I will be traveling next week to Puerto Rico. I want to travel light and am considering packing only one pair of shoes. I am afraid that daily running with only one pair of shoes will not allow them time to dry out and recover between runs, and that this will increase the wear both on the shoes and on my legs. I would hate to get injured or tear up my shoes this way. Any ideas?

Why is it sideways?

Travel light. Run in wet shoes. You'll be fine.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Why is the rum always gone? Evil grin I wouldn't think it would be a problem. Look at all the runners who don't rotate shoes (I mean, runners who don't have a shoe fetish and all. What? I can quit any time. Shut up!).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wet shoes? OMG, I had not thought of that. I may get a blister. Shocked
          xor

I've done a double (you know what I mean) with one pair of shoes. Neither I nor the shoes spontaneously combusted. I prefer to do this with two pairs of shoes, but sometimes I forget the 2nd, or don't have room, etc. As for spending a whole week on the shoes, I guess it depends on the mileage you plan to run and how much your feet sweat. Or if you have to run through rain, which is possible. (shrug) Is there any actual research that shows that shoes need to decompress after a run? I'm not saying there isn't; there may well be. But anytime I've heard this, the root has always been "because I was told to do it that way". As for drying, that one I get.

C-R

Take one pair like Jeff says. If they do get wet, we stuffed old newspaper into the shoes overnight to help absorb some of the moisture. Works reasonable well. Something to do with those hotel USA Today papers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Wet shoes? OMG, I had not thought of that. I may get a blister. Shocked
                I bring 1-2 pairs. Don't have room for three. That's how I identified you. Trent, why are you running in wet shoes? (rhetorical question)
                And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

TJoseph

I travel a lot on business and only bring one pair. I usually bring three sets of shorts, shirts, and socks though. I rinse them in the hotel sink and hang them to dry, but they can take a couple of days to dry.
                    I travel a lot on business and only bring one pair. I usually bring three sets of shorts, shirts, and socks though. I rinse them in the hotel sink and hang them to dry, but they can take a couple of days to dry.
                    Was that you? I stopped already. Will you ever quit?
                    And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

mikeymike

Bring your lightest pair of running shoes. When I travel I usually bring racing flats. They're lighter (duh) take up less space and dry the fastest. They are also usually my cleanest, driest pair of shoes.

Runners run

Bring your lightest pair of running shoes. When I travel I usually bring racing flats. They're lighter (duh) take up less space and dry the fastest. They are also usually my cleanest, driest pair of shoes.
                        I agree with this and followed this advice on many trips. If your shoes get too wet you can use the old newspaper trick or even the hairdryer.
                        TJoseph

Or you can get rid of Grandma's old luggage and buy some with wheels: Big grin
                            TJoseph, Can you stop because this is creepy and illegal.

xor

TJoseph, Can you stop because this is creepy and illegal.
                              Honest response: If you truly think something illegal is happening, or you truly TRULY feel like you are being stalked, please take it up with this site's admininstration (that would be eric). But be prepared to explain yourself in a way that eric can understand. This is not bait, there are no secret encoded messages here, and unlike some other times, I am not going to interact with you today.

Chris UK

Just take pair of these multi-purpose outfits - kick tin cans, play street football, climb trees, run 50 miles - then dust them down and carry on.

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM