Durability of Kinvara 2 vs. Kinvara 1 (Read 1420 times)

Oh roo roooo!

Just got a pair of Kinvaras, have worn for two long training runs.  They make the little toe on my right foot hurt after not too many miles.  Never had that issue w/any other shoes.  Wanted to like them but struggling...

260 miles on a pair of kinvara 1s and they have started to feel a bit flat to me. On yesterdays 12 miler I ran with somewhat cushioned sock and that seemed to make up the difference.

Slice

I went ahead and ordered the Pure Flow last night. I think I'll just keep my Kinvaras to <10 miles on my easy days for a while. It could just be attributed to over training a bit. I'm glad to see that other people are getting way more miles in theirs.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I think you will love the Flow.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Slice

I think you will love the Flow.

FedEx tracking says their on my front porch. Woo-Hoo! I may have ordered the Pure Connect. And Adidas Bostons too. But don't tell my hubby! Evil I'm breaking up with Road Runner Sports for my local store after today's shipment so I **had** to stock up since I won't be saving from them anymore.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I got 650 miles out of my kinvara 1s before having to retire them.  I'm currently around 550 miles on my kinvara 2s and they're doing all right, not sure if I'll be retiring them soon or not.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I've got two pairs of Kinvara 1s.  

Pair one:  1320 miles

Pair two:    840 miles

I ran 9 miles in pair one this morning, and they feel fine.  They still have cushioning, the outsole is intact, and there is no tearing in the upper.  They're dirty (and a little gamey), but otherwise they still in great shape.   I do put Shoe Goo on the lugs and heel.  I also run pretty lightly (male, 145 lbs).  

keeponrunning

Hope they are good- I just bought the Kinvara 2 today.  I've been running in the Hattori, but the top of them are getting holey due to my klutziness.  Plus trail season is coming Smile  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

I wore several pairs of Kinvaras and retired them at 500 miles on general principle. I retired my first pair of Kinvara IIs recently at 600 miles, also more on principle than because they are worn out.

For me they are a pretty good value per mile.