my crossfit/paleo freinds hate wheat (Read 836 times)

northernman

Fight The Future

This thread inspired me to make bread once, this week. Now, I need more.

Speaking of which, I tried to make this twice this week, and goofed up both times. The trick is letting it cook long enough (at least an hour) and you can't actually tell if it's done until you cut it open. But it is really delicious when it works out. This is not a diet food, however. Save for after your long run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

"....the most refined probably of them all I am guessing that in its most popular times childhood obesity and diabetes rates were much lower than todays...."

That is so true, r2farm. And thanks for giving 1st hand info (for other things in the post too).

Amen

Right on Hereford...

I found this interesting...

Wheatophobia: Will Avoiding Wheat Really Improve Your Health?

http://www.wellnessletter.com/ucberkeley/feature/wheatophobia-will-avoiding-wheat-really-improve-your-health/?letterPage=2

This is from the UC Berkeley Wellness Letter, a very well respected publication where top scientists translate research into practical health advice for the rest of us.

kateruns

spam
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Is this thread evidence that we're done hating on corn for the moment?

A Saucy Wench

Is this thread evidence that we're done hating on corn for the moment?

Corn is evil.  Wheat is evil.  Sugar is evil.  Meat is evil. Fruit is evil. Nightshades(potatoes, tomatoes and peppers) are evil.  Legumes are evil.  Canola oil is evil.  Dairy is evil. Eggs are evil.  Processed foods are evil.

Pretty much all that is left is leafy greens.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Nightshades are freakin DEADLY.

And I bid you good night.

Better I Leave

Corn is evil.  Wheat is evil.  Sugar is evil.  Meat is evil. Fruit is evil. Nightshades(potatoes, tomatoes and peppers) are evil.  Legumes are evil.  Canola oil is evil.  Dairy is evil. Eggs are evil.  Processed foods are evil.

Whew...At least you didn't say coffee as well. **Runs off to roast a nice El Salvadorian  Majahual Tablon La Montana**

dennrunner

Some good discussion ....

dollars..........

r2farm,

I love it when you come in on these types of threads and share the knowledge and viewpoints of the farmers.

But please, take a few of those hard-earned dollars from the land and buy a few paragraphs and periods. You're killing me! Big grin

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Eww.

steph  

flatland mountaineer

r2farm,

I love it when you come in on these types of threads and share the knowledge and viewpoints of the farmers.

But please, take a few of those hard-earned dollars from the land and buy a few paragraphs and periods. You're killing me! Big grin

Oh sorry about that, wrote it early in the morning before work just to get my thoughts down with the intention of getting back to it to fix it and didn't really get time to do a proper job yesterday.  Hope this makes up for it, field by the house 2 years ago.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh sorry about that, wrote it early in the morning before work just to get my thoughts down with the intention of getting back to it to fix it and didn't really get time to do a proper job yesterday.  Hope this makes up for it, field by the house 2 years ago.

Nice.

steph  

Prince of Fatness

Nightshades(potatoes) are evil. 

I am insulted.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

I am insulted.

ummm...excuse me Dark Lord of the Russet.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7