RA shirts (Read 1253 times)

I was just wondering. Do you have RA merchandise? Some sort of shirt would be cool.

Michelle

Yeah! Make it a tech shirt and I'd wear it in races!
      "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
      eric :)

Until I can hook up with suppliers for my cheap knockoff idea, I'm looking for a short term solution. I haven't found a reasonably priced vendor yet, but having a shirt that lets you identify fellow runners at races would be really cool!
        derek

Until I can hook up with suppliers for my cheap knockoff idea, I'm looking for a short term solution. I haven't found a reasonably priced vendor yet, but having a shirt that lets you identify fellow runners at races would be really cool!
          For a short-term solution.... For cotton t-shirts you can check out http://www.jiffyshirts.com For moisture-wicking t-shirts, you can check out http://www.cheapestees.com/andrirheavts.html. They also do screen-printing. I've never used the second company, but I recently bought a lot of plain t-shirts from JiffyShirts

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm still very intrigued by this site: RunningBanana.com k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

eric :)

I'm still very intrigued by this site: RunningBanana.com k
              I looked into it, but felt the prices are a little high. Realistically, what would an average runner pay for a technical shirt? I know you guys love this site, but I can't expect you to pay a lot more for a shirt with a logo on it. And if you add on shipping, it'll be one expensive shirt! Derek: I checked out the sites you mentioned. I'm not too keen on the polyester/cotton blends. These still gave me chafing if it's wet out, or if I sweat a lot. I figure I should do this right. It should be something nice that everyone would love wearing.
                http://www.cpostores.com/kellyssports2/page.htm?PG=Print%20Embroidery This is where I just bought my soccer team jerseys from.

Michelle

Eric - I would prefer a non-cotton shirt. If you get a price based on quantity - you could take pre-orders. I started a poll in Gears and Wears - hopefully you'll be able to see if there is enough firm interest in this Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Weird...I could have sworn I posted about my love for Brooks' technical tops here... Anyhow, I like the long-sleeve one I have from the Grand Rapids HM. You could have the RA addy on the arm, then a person could wear it under a singlet and still advertise. I will be running the 5/3 Riverbank 25k with a Girls on the Run singlet, but would love to have a long-sleeved baselayer under that. Perfect way to advertise for both RA and GOTR! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

problem already - first we have to decide on a style! I am way too hot to wear long sleeves

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                      Thyroid Support Group

I like the long sleeved idea. I'd be willing to pay a decent amount. You could do a preorder survey to see what you're up against. Survey to include style preferences. Short sleeved/long etc. People might want one of each.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe we could have a couple of different styles...singlet, short, long-sleeved.... And I still think a skirt would be cool...with runningahead.com emblazoned across the butt! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

good idea - I'll modify the poll thread

Go With The Flow
                            Thyroid Support Group

And I still think a skirt would be cool...with runningahead.com emblazoned across the butt! k
                              Then I would be breaking a house rule, no pants/shorts with words on the butt. We made that rule for my 11 year old daughter, since her friends all wear the wordy shorts (as we call them). I told her I don't want people checking out her butt!!!

Michelle

K - might be a good idea to start with 1 item before we get Eric set up in his "shop" Big grin

Go With The Flow
                                Thyroid Support Group