Felt 'foggy'/sick and couldn't finish my run yesterday (Read 1484 times)

xor

I wasn't eluding to something like epilepsy. My dad PRd with a sub-3 and my brother a 3:06, so they were really moving in their training. I wonder if given all of the above variables whether almost everyone would have had a seizure, or there's some genetic weakness there. I'm not dumb enough to try to find out.

EEK.  What?

edited to add: I accidentally page broke and perhaps "covered up" mikey's response, which was this:

I have no idea about that.  I'm just saying that if my intention was to bonk, I'd probably go out and do a 2.5 hour-ish run today then tomorrow go out and run marathon pace for as long as it took--guessing I could get the job done in maybe 6-7 miles.  Even if I took the first 3 miles or so a bit easier than MP just to work my way into it, I don't suspect it would take more than about 9-10 miles to become a puddle on the side of the road.  It would expect that to be a fool-proof, 100% sure fire way to induce a bonk.

That's pretty much what you did.

But still.  How did you get to epilepsy based on noting that bonks happen, especially if you run two longish days consecutively????

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My pacing was ok, I wasn't hitting my longest distance, a new route, or more speed, I approached it as 'I'm going to have to drag my legs through a lot of this' and I took it easy.

Not considered easy for a long run. According to McMillan calculator you were :03 below MP based on your last  13.1 time.

11.3 mi 1:34:53 8:27  

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

running is for freaks, perverts and weirdos.

Yay, I'm in the right place.

But still.  How did you get to epilepsy based on noting that bonks happen, especially if you run two longish days consecutively????

Oh my references to epilepsy and lack of was just about my dad and brother having seizures while running

Not considered easy for a long run. According to McMillan calculator you were :03 below MP based on your last  13.1 time.

11.3 mi 1:34:53 8:27  

Makes sense...but that route covers the hilliest parts of town, everyone adds ten mins to their time. That's why it has that name.