Misophonia (Read 1443 times)

Thanks for the tip on the white noise...I will have to check it out.  I've tried just music with headphones but that really doesn't work unless I crank the volume up so high that it hurts my ears.

"run" "2" "eat"

lest i leave the impression i am completely dysfunctional at work (what?!) the most difficult times are when i am at my desk so it helps that i work from home one day per week and spend two of the other days nearly totally in meetings plus i generally workout on my lunch hour.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I think have it to a milder degree.   I do get anxiety and irrational anger to gentle sounds but cacophony rarely bothers me.  To me the most annoying sound on the planet is the soft "puh" that some people make when they sleep.  Not snoring, just "puh".  I couldnt sleep in the same room as my kids when they were babies because the small sounds made me furious.  I have wanted to throw things at people who typed loudly. 

Huh.  Never knew it had a name

I have in a lot of ways designed my life around it.  I almost always have TV or music going in the background, fan when I sleep.  I also tend to talk a lot partially because there MUST be sound in my life.   If someone is running near me who is a heavy breather and I cant get away I will talk to them to drown them out.

Mozart is your friend. 

Are you sure we're not related?  I could have written this.  It's the quiet, rhythmic noises that sorta drive me to want to throttle people.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Are you sure we're not related?  I could have written this.  It's the quiet, rhythmic noises that sorta drive me to want to throttle people.

During my last race I was near a girl that let out a soft sigh and then a hum every 7-10 seconds or so...for 2 miles.  When I finally sprinted ahead to shake her...I found myself running next to Slaps McGee - his feet slapped the ground with every foot fall...I eventually had to strategically position myself between the 2 (which is when I got passed by a power walker - walking a 10 minute/mile pace - but I digress) or one or both of them was going to go down!

"run" "2" "eat"

get-fuzzy-12sept2011

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Damn, that's funny!

get fuzzy, my favorite!

Hoodoo Guru

This describes my wife also, except she doesn't get enraged, just pretty damn annoyed. 

Nice to have proof that she is mentally unstable and I remain normal. 

Thanks Trent!

The tangents are moot.

"run" "2" "eat"

she is mentally unstable and I remain normal. 

false dichotomy.

Hoodoo Guru

false dichotomy.

//Thinking of witty comeback// 

Aw screw it, I got nothing.

The tangents are moot.