The SanDisk Sansa Clip mp3 player (Read 2689 times)

I've had one for over a year.  Works well.  I bought it b/c all I had was a shuffle and I wanted to load educational podcasts for long runs.  Never had a problem.  I had an iPod nano but I washed it in the washing machine so I figured that if I couldn't take care of my stuff I didn't deserve having something that expensive. Blush 

Bought new ear buds too but I seem to go through them really fast.  I bought one pair and fried them with static electricity after only 2 days.   Argh!  

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

The Running Green Girl

I love it.  It's lightweight and easy to clip onto my belt.  The price was also just right for me.

You have the power within you to do whatever it is you want to do. Rachelle Disbennett-Lee, PhD

www.therunninggreengirl.com

Mine worked great until I got caught in a rain storm while running with it. It never worked right after that, so I broke down and got a new shuffle. Unlike the shuffle, there are several openings on the Clip that can let water in - the usb charging port and the micro sd slot in particular. It's a nice device, just not rugged enough for a Florida runner. 

xor

I've been using the same Sansa player since 2006 or 2007.  During that time, my friends with shuffles have gone through 2-4 of them.

I guess rugged means different things to different people :-).

I live in Seattle and run in hot-n-humid places like Hawai'i... it seems to handle a teensy amount of moisture, but I doubt many players would handle a big storm.  I keep mine in a baggie.  It looks stupid, but again, I've been using the same player for almost 5 years.

The shirtless wonder

I put electrical tape over the io port. Its been through a bunch of rain and did well. This is a sansa c240 I think.
            TammyinGP

I received mine the other day and loaded a bunch of songs on it. Still sort of figuring out the navigation thing, but I'm getting there. I ended up buying the Philips earphones to use with it, but they aren't all that great for me. my ears are fairly small and the wrap around thing behind the ears doesn't really stay put for me. I have to fiddle around with it for awhile before I can get a good fit but then if the wind hits me just right, it messes it up. so, I'm not really sure what to do about ear buds. But so far I like it the sansa. I couldn't believe how tiny it was though! wow! and I know those nano's are even smaller than this.

I'm not a big fan of running with music and won't do it while running on roadways, which is 80% of my running, but I have used it for a couple of track/.interval runs and listening to music definitely made the track runs more enjoyable, or at least seem to go by much quicker.  I appreciate the advice from all of you.

Tammy

Patzer

I run with the Sansa Clip+.  It's fine, if basic.  It's size, clip and battery life are all big positives.  The downsides are the FM tuner being lousy and the controls being hard slippery plastic that is tough to use with sweaty, bouncing hands.

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

Patzer

OMG, thank you for the rockbox tip!  i didn't even know it supported my mp3 player.

Current goal: an Olympic distance triathlon. Did two of them! New goal: a half-ironman?? Did that too. New goal: I'll have to get back to you.

I just purchased the Sansa Clip 8GB from Costco for only $45.  Seemed like a good deal so I picked it up.  I haven't tried it out yet though.