Goal of Sub-3 Hour Marathon (Read 15845 times)

looks like the weather is good for chicago, so no excuses!
    sub 3 here we come!
    good luck to everyone else.
    hope to see you about 10:29 at the finish.

- alan

- the grisly details http://alansmiles.blogspot.com

Hey FLATFOOTER,

Take a look at my splits and your splits.  The first 13 miles we were always within 6-9 seconds of each other.    At mile 14 we both had 1:34:19 exactly.  I remember talking to someone after running past the half marathon split mat and I think it was right at mile 14.    At that point, it was pretty spread out between each runner.  Do you remember talking to anyone at that point. I initiated the conversation by asking about marathon goal pace and  what place the woman in front of us was.   I finally past the top two women by mile 18 I think.   

Yeah, wow, at that point it seemed like there was about 20 runners going for sub 3.   I talked to a few aiming for sub 3, but around mile 13-14 I was mainly running alone, next to some guy with a shaved head and red singlet off and on for about 3 miles.  He pulled ahead of me until mile 20, where eventually he faded.  I'm pretty sure he still hit a sub 3, because he was 2 minutes ahead at that point.  Who I talked to is pretty fuzzy at this point though....

danworley

just wanted to wish good luck to everyone this weekend.  two of us from minneapolis are trying for sub 3 hour chrisD. and dan worley.  tried to get in the team but were too late.  anyway good luck to everyone!

The race is Sunday.-

Oops, I got confused with the Monday start for Boston, oh well, my Monday at work will now be reading race reports rather than tracking the race - almost as good!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

One more time for Chicago. Again, the lineup:

alan fletcher - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

DLJ - 10/11/2009 Melbourne, Australia 

BoilerTom90 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

Dakota RR - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

danworley - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

dcv2002 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL 

E_rainrun - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL

NeedACleverName - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL

And last but not least. Lets have it for DLJ in Australia:

CandiceC is gonna be there as well.  She and E_rainrun have similar goal times.

One more time for Chicago. Again, the lineup:

alan fletcher - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

BoilerTom90 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

Dakota RR - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL  

dcv2002 - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL 

E_rainrun - 10/11/09 Chicago, Chicago, IL

NeedACleverName - 10/11/2009 Chicago, Chicago, IL

And last but not least. Lets have it for DLJ in Australia:

Good luck to everyone in Chicago and to Dwane running down under. Remember that when you have bored your friends and family to death you have an eager audience here that wants to hear every last excruciating detail.

John

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
              kcam

CandiceC is gonna be there as well.  She and E_rainrun have similar goal times.

Here's wishing the best of luck to CandiceC and E_rainrun.

cdflash

You can add cdflash to the list too!  I'll be running with Danworley at Chicago in hopes of a sub-3 hr!

Good luck everyone this weekend!

We got this....see ya at 10:29!

-Chris

Ger

Hi I am new to this blog, hoping to do sub 3 myself in Dublin  in October his year.

Training has gone very well, I have done 4 x 20 milers , 1st at 7m45s Pace, 2nd at 7m29s Pace, 3rd at 7m19s Pace and 4th at 7m08s Pace.

Ran a PB of 37m30s for a 10K in August and 1hr22m29s half marathon 3 weeks ago.

Averaging between 50-55 miles per wk for the last 8 weeks.

Did an 8 mile Tempo yesterday in 49m50s

Do you thing I have a chance of a sub 3

Slow-smooth-fast

Hi I am new to this blog, hoping to do sub 3 myself in Dublin  in October his year.

Training has gone very well, I have done 4 x 20 milers , 1st at 7m45s Pace, 2nd at 7m29s Pace, 3rd at 7m19s Pace and 4th at 7m08s Pace.

You have more than a chance. Your times show that you definiely have the ability. I would say 2:58

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

2:54-2:55

Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33

I hope so because those PB's beat both mine by about 30 seconds and I think I stand a good chance! (fingers crossed) 

Right on Hereford...

I hope so because those PB's beat both mine by about 30 seconds and I think I stand a good chance! (fingers crossed) 

Yeah, I hope so, too, because your PB's beat mine by over a minute for the 10k and over 1.5 minutes for the HM. I also think I stand a good chance!

flovesparko

Yeah, I hope so, too, because your PB's beat mine by over a minute for the 10k and over 1.5 minutes for the HM. I also think I stand a good chance!

Dakota,  with your training the last few months and the good weather projected for this weekend, you are going under three hours!!!  

Dakota,  with your training the last few months and the good weather projected for this weekend, you are going under three hours!!!  

and after breaking that 278 day streak (or something like that) for a rest day - I'd say things are looking pretty good and that he's mentally psyched to do it!