Inspiational Running Phrases (Read 10634 times)

chrimbler

Does anybody have any? Here's a few I've come across: Real athletes run, others just play games My sport is your sports punishment Sweat is just weakness leaving the body
    Run like you stole it!
    chrimbler

Marathoners can do it for hours! Only think of two things - the gun and the tape. When you hear one, just run like h*ll until you break the other. Carpe Viam (seize the road).
      Run like you stole it!

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

That's great...I love that. My stepsons gave me a bumper sticker for Christmas that says "Only sissies play contact sports." I have a quote from Bill Bowerman taped on my cube wall that says something like "There is no such thing as bad weather, only soft people." That quote has made me lace up my shoes more than once this month.
        Gig

"Almost every part of the mile is tactically important: you can never let down, never stop thinking, and you can be beaten at almost any point. I suppose you could say it is like life." -John Landy I have Google as my homepage, and one of my gadgets is called "Runner's High." It has a picture of Pre (with his very large mustache) and a new quote every day.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

"The race does not belong only to the swift and the strong, but also to those who keep on Running!"

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Life is Good

"There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." Nike Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better. The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare."

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

"I train while you sleep" "The older I get, the faster I was!" "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm out of bubblegum."

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

" Running is Cheaper than Therapy"..... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

12 Squared

From my buddy Dan, although it is usually a lie: "Come on, the hill ends just around the curve!"
                    If you don't know where you're going, chances are you will end up somewhere else. - Yogi Berra

Think Whirled Peas

My running buddies and I use this one at the end of a long and/or tough run: "Anyone can run a mile." It helps me to forget what I've done to that point, and to just focus on what's left.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

When the going gets tough, sprinters quit.
                        Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                        invisible

90 percent of the game is not giving up. Big grin
                          90 percent of the game is not giving up.
                          Coach Jeanne

Speculum Wrangler

A marathon is just a 10k... with a 20-mile warm-up. Never again... until the next one.

Jeanne

"I decided to go for a little run" - Forest Gump "Turn left and hurry back" - John Wooden on how easy it is to coach track

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

This one is long but I love it! More applicable to most of us. Dr. Sheehan"for every runner who races to win there are thousands for whom running is not a test but a therapy, not a trial but a reward, not a question but an answer".

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.