YTD mileage (Read 967 times)

ebucher

I am new to using this log and have a few questions that may be easy, but I just can't figure out how to do them. The summary page displays the YTD stats for the current year. The calendar displays the daily entries and the weekly totals. I want to go back to previous years and see the totals by month and the annual totals. I would also like to see the YTD totals as of a certain date (or at least as of a certain week). Can these things be done with the software as it is now, or would it have to be an enhancement? Thanks, Eric
      If you use the advanced graph feature, you can set the X axis for Day, Week, Or month and get those totals in a graph. But there isn't an option for year in the X axis.
      ebucher

OK, thanks. That helps, but it does not make it easy to get my total mileage for a previous year. I also like to compare my YTD total for this year vs previous years at the same date. So, that would be my suggestion for a new feature. Provide a utility to display the YTD total mileage for a specific date. Thank you, Eric

Lazy idiot

You can also enter custom date ranges in the search function, and your mileage will be summed up at the bottom of each page. This is what I do.

Tick tock

eric :)

Ooh, another Eric. There is no good way, other than via custom graphing to get the monthly distances. However, the new log, which I'm hoping to be completed in a couple of months, will allow you to list monthly data. eric :-)
            ebucher

Thanks for the suggestion Drew. It's a little clunky, but it works! Eric, I am happy to hear that you are working on a new version that will include the ability to list monthly totals. I hope you also consider including the ability to calculate YTD mileage as of a specified date. For me, it provides a good guage and motivation to compare my current year's mileage to previous years. Eric
              eric :)

I hope you also consider including the ability to calculate YTD mileage as of a specified date.
                That is also completed and will be part of the next release.