Merrell shoes (Read 908 times)

Anybody ever worn shoes by Merrell?? I just won a gift certificate for $200 worth of gear from this place. Unfortunately, nothing really is stiking my fancy and they seem to only have like 6 kinds of running shoes for women. I guess thats what I would use the money for - so does anybody have any feedback on them???
      I love em. I have had like, 4 or 5 pairs and my wife has had a few, too. No running ones. But hiking and casual, yep. I don't know what "this place" is that you are referring to, but $200 is $200. If you don't like what they have, do some "free" gift shopping.
        I have worn the Merrell World Travelers (kind of casual shoe) for several years...will buy another pair to replace them. They wear great...and they are bio-mechanically efficient..
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I have a pair of Merrel sport sandals and plan to get a pair of hikers this fall. I haven't tried their running shoes. It's a good quality brand. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

ok thanks for the input. I've just never heard of Merell before and since i won the g.c. in VA and I am from NJ so I didnt know if this was just a VA based company or something. I found some local running stores that claim to sell their running shoes there so I was thinking I would go and maybe try some on to see if I like them. Would that be rude though? Knowing I wouldnt be buying them at the running store, but still wanting to see how they feel on my feet before i purchase them online? Is this a running store no-no?
              Merrill used to be a hiking brand but they came out with running shoes fairly recently. I want a pair bad because it's one of the few brands that make trail running shoes to a specific women's last. REI carries them around here.
              You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
              JayMF

I have a pair of Merrel sport sandals and plan to get a pair of hikers this fall. I haven't tried their running shoes. It's a good quality brand. Smile
                It's been 11 years since I've bought a pair of their shoes, but Merrell stands behind their product. I did a through-hike of the Appalachian Trail in 1997 and picked up a pair of their boots to replace my Fabianos (beautiful, but ungodly heavy). The Merrell's lasted from Harper's Ferry, WVA until Monson, ME (something like 1000 miles) when the uppers were separating from the soles. I called Merrell and explained my situation and they told me the boots were still under warranty and that they would send me a replacement pair express delivery. Unfortunately, they didn't have the same boots in stock, but the replacement pair arrived within 2 days and made it the last 100 miles of my trip. A few weeks later, I got a package in the mail from Merrell. They sent me another pair of the same model that I'd originally purchased. So I buy one pair from them, and they send me two more under warranty. I'd definitely recommend them, and would buy from them again. Unfortunately for Merrell, the replacement set of boots are still going strong 11 years later and I haven't needed to buy another pair since.
                  I also have Merrell Hiking boots and think they are the BEST!!!! Will never hike in anything else again.
                    I have Merrell Mary Janes that I wear when I am working on a Cheffing gig, and they are the best.shoes.ever. I can be on my feet 12+ hours a day and my legs and back don't feel fatigued at all. An absolute must when you are a runner and need to make sure your legs and muscles stay comfortable when NOT running.... Wink Granted, not the most attractive shoes, but if you are wanting good, well made shoes, they are the best. and I have had lots of Dansko shoes in my profession, and don't like them near as well.....

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Hmmm ok well maybe I will give the website a second more detailed lookover. I already posted to sell the internet codes for $150 or $75 each on the Trade it, Sell it, Buy it forum, but no takers yet. Its also on Craigslist. But I'll definitely go check it out again - I really need shoes just to wear to work, my old running Mizunos are starting to bother my heels just walking in them so maybe this is a sign from god! Thanks for the input everyone.

Crunchy

A Merrell rep had our running group try out their running shoes and they went over well. A couple of guys bought the cushioning shoe (can't remember the name) and say their happy with them. I thought they were quite comfortable. Not super light, but good for every day runs. I'd say give them a try if you have a freebie.

Know your rights …

missy1102

i wear merrells for work (they make a line of clog like shoes) they have fantastic fitting, good quality shoes but i've never tried their running shoes. keep the GC and get something nice for yourself Big grin