Wedding weight loss vs running? (Read 1714 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Aren't you married? What the hell does it matter what her spouse wants? As I've already said, this is her mother's wedding. The OP will get her wedding when/if she has a daughter. The groom? Seriously, if he's smart he'll just do what he's told. 

Unfortunately, bride and groom are expected to show up at her mother's wedding.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Which is better -- to try to lose weight to make your mother happy, or to try to lose weight to make your husband happy?

Curious.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Which is better -- (1) to try to lose weight to make your mother happy, or (2) to try to lose weight to make your husband happy?

Curious.

... or (3) to try to lose weight to make yourself happy and healthy?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Heh, that was my entire responsibility: Show up.  And I was more than happy to accept my limited, though crucial involvement. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bingo.  Or not lose weight, if that makes one happy.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You can't pencil in answers candidates you like on standardized tests. ballots.  Wait, I'm getting my threads confused.

Which is better -- to try to lose weight to make your mother happy, or to try to lose weight to make your husband happy?

Curious.

I may not be happy if on the day of the wedding only 75% of my bride shows up.  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I may not be happy if on the day of the wedding only 75% of my bride shows up.  

What are you, the groom? You rank below the groundskeeper working outside that day. Nobody cares what you think.

You can't pencil in answers candidates you like on standardized tests. ballots.  Wait, I'm getting my threads confused.

LOL.  yes, wrong thread Smile

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

What are you, the groom? You rank below the groundskeeper working outside that day. Nobody cares what you think.

I laughed

Amy

and is true 13 years after the day as well, probably more so now.

#artbydmcbride

Some great advice about dress sizes.  I may have to reconsider whether I can lose 20lbs in 6 months... when I put it as '1lb a week', it didn't sound hard!!

Oh, and we are paying for everything for the wedding.  Neither of our sets of parents are well off, and we wouldn't dream of asking them to pay a dime towards it.  I agreed to do this for my Mum because I want her to be happy - it means so much to her - and I hate seeing her upset.  I don't need her approbation for me - I'm happy with who I am - but I want her to be happy for her!  She hasn't had much joy in her life lately.

This is just my personal opinion, but I'm not a big fan of the 'I'm having MY day the way I WANT IT' attitude.  But then I've always been happiest when the people around me, who I love, are happy and enjoying themselves.  It would be worth way more than the pain of a diet to me to see my Mum looking cheerful - not because I need her to be proud of me, but because I LOVE HER AND I WANT HER TO BE HAPPY!  Some of you clearly think that's deeply messed up - but it's how I've always been!  Smile

If the only way your Mum will be cheerful on your wedding day is if you are 20 lbs lighter, then yeah I think that is messed up.    Doesn't she really love you?

Runners run

keeponrunning

If you are losing weight for your mom, that is DEFINITELY the wrong reason.  My parents will sometimes kid me about being the 'larger sister' (I have broad shoulders and an abundant chest), but the day my mom tells me I have to lose weight I would be VERY upset.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Ojo

True story:  I went to a wedding where the bride had dieted to fit in to a very small dress.  She had one drink, cut the cake and passed out.  We all then spent an awkward few hours attending a wedding reception with no bride and groom. 

MTA:  I should add that this was a $70,000 wedding over 12 years ago.  And probably unrelated but they are getting a divorce.

Sara

MM #2929