favorite running-ish books (Read 352 times)

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

You know him!?  How cool is that? Smile Tell him his book is a timeless classic and inspires me every time I read it.  The Kenyan work ethic is truly amazing.

I will definitely tell him! Your name is Bonnie, right? I don't want to be like 'a person I met online says,' lol. (BTW my pie in sky goal is a sub-5 mile, too... tough stuff. Good luck.)

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

FSBD

I just finished Running with the Kenyans.

It was a good, fast read.  I thought it was kind of similar, but not as good as Born to Run.

Still definitely an enjoyable read.

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

some call me Tim

Am I the only one who thinks this book is overrated?

Yeah, it's overrated, and it reads like a YA novel, but it's still fast and fun and inspiring in a Rocky Balboa kind of way.

I will definitely tell him! Your name is Bonnie, right? I don't want to be like 'a person I met online says,' lol. (BTW my pie in sky goal is a sub-5 mile, too... tough stuff. Good luck.)

Oh, yeah.  It is Bonnie.  I kind of like it better than "random internet person" too. Wink  The first step to the sub 5 goal is to believe you can do it.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Am I the only one who thinks this book is overrated?

I think it was a little overrated.  I enjoyed it for sure, but I didn't think it was the OMGbestbookaboutrunningeverwrittenyouaren'tarealrunnerunlessyou'vegotitmemorized!!!!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

fittestover40

The Perfect Distance-  The story of Steve Ovett and Sebastian Coe,  It was pretty cool  look,  back at their rivalry.

Book for training and race prep  Dr. Daniels Running Formula,  a lot of good info

Why is it sideways?

Once a Runner is a cult-book. If you get it, you like it. If you don't get it, you don't. Here's a review that gets it right (ignore the "best novel ever written about running" subtitle, which I'm sure was written to catch internet hits.)

Hoban-Jay

Once a Runner is a cult-book. If you get it, you like it. If you don't get it, you don't. Here's a review that gets it right (ignore the "best novel ever written about running" subtitle, which I'm sure was written to catch internet hits.)

Waaaaayyyy overrated.   Are runners attracted to it just because it's about running!?