My get-up-and-go... (Read 857 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Where has it gone? Gah, I had no problem going out in Sat.'s -8º windchill weather and doing 3 miles (would have gone further, but I was having balaclava and shoe issues, so decided to cut a mile or two from my run). But today it is "warmer" and I'm having a heck of a time getting motivated. I think this lack of sun is not helping. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

pandajenn19

*kick* I always have issues the day after a rest day. I don't know why, but I lose my motivation if I rest more than 30 hours. But, you know you'll feel better once you get out there. Smile MTA - 'love my motivation' was supposed to be 'lose my motivation'
      BaldMike

I ran 20 miles yesterday in 4 degree wind chills and I thought about a recovery run today, but the thought of bundling up again in all that stuff to stay warm, agh, forget about it. I am taking a day of rest from running today and I lifted weights at the noon hour. I think in the severe conditions like what you ran in Saturday, you have to give yourself a break and let it rest.
        PR 10k - 47: 41 in 2007, goal to break 45 minuntes in 2008 PR 13.1 - 1:44:19 PR 26.2 - 4:24 in 2007, goal to break 3:45 in March 2008 Upcoming races: March 2008 - ING GA Marathon July 2008 - Peachtree Road Race And hopefully the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2008.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*kick* I always have issues the day after a rest day. I don't know why, but I love my motivation if I rest more than 30 hours. But, you know you'll feel better once you get out there. Smile
          Ahhh...yes, yesterday was a rest day. I think there's something to that theory. Maybe I should stop taking days off... Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran 20 miles yesterday in 4 degree wind chills and I thought about a recovery run today, but the thought of bundling up again in all that stuff to stay warm, agh, forget about it.
            Way to HTFU--that is awesome! I couldn't imagine doing mileage like that under those conditions. My Winter long runs have been ~11 miles of late, so to think of essentially doubling that in this sort of weather...wow! Big grin Yeah...all the layers. I'm sick of doing laundry. DH biked on Sat. and had 31 items of clothing on. Gah! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, and Mother Nature & Old Man Winter are having fun at my expense...it just started snowing HUGE flakes. They're probably sitting back thinking "damn, now we can REALLY make her bitch about the weather!" Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I couldn't get motivated to run this morning - it was -2.5 degrees F and very windy. So I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill at the Y and then a strengthening class. The treadmills were too busy for me to do more than that (I wish those New Year's Resolution people would hurry up and fold, lol), so that means tomorrow I have to go 4.5 miles outside, no matter what. My main motivation is THE BUNNY - he's pretty good at kicking me in the a$$. I hope your get-up-and-go comes back quickly, Kirsten! 8 Ball Evil grin Teresa

Think Whirled Peas

Where has it gone? Gah, I had no problem going out in Sat.'s -8º windchill weather and doing 3 miles (would have gone further, but I was having balaclava and shoe issues, so decided to cut a mile or two from my run). But today it is "warmer" and I'm having a heck of a time getting motivated. I think this lack of sun is not helping. Tongue
                  Think about the Full Mary in October. All the miles you can get in January will only help you come, oh 'bout mile 22 or so in Grand Rapids. NOW GET OUT THERE AND RUN SISTA! MTA - and read this race report (http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/8ffd9bb13b8d4cfea4b6d77d1066fa62#focus) for some serious motivation!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Maybe you need to lay off the wine on the weekend. Boozer! Big grin
                      Since I'm done my run for today I'll trade weather with you so you can get your run in!!! Tongue Big grin

Michelle

Todays run will be 12 degrees with the wind chill..much better than Saturdays -11. If I go you gotta go. lol
                        ~~Sarah~~
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah...most craptacular run (well, the mile or so I did before going back home) in a LONG time. Weather was actually kind of "nice" (windchill above 0, gentle snow, minimal wind), but those %*^(*($%^$ spiked Winter trail shoes that I went through so much to get my hands on are becoming a real PITA--or on my left heel, rather. The traction on snow and ice is unreal, but it's not worth a bloodied sock. Damned things are too loose on my left heel (fit fine on right, which really adds to the frustration--my feet are so unmatched and stupidly proportioned...grrr...wide forefoot, narrow heels...). Once I get the spot to heal I'll have to resort to covering the area proactively with duct tape to prevent further rubbing. So DH is going to see about tracking down a pair of Yak Trax for me in the meantime. Next year I will find a better fitting pair of warm trail shoes and Yak Trax, I think...unless NB redesigns this shoe to fit more like the rest of their product line. k

~ Sarah Kay

YOU ARE my motivation! Hope this doesn't creep you out but I lurked at this site a long time before I started using the tools on it and you were always such an inspiration to me! Maybe it is because we are the same age...but I am always impressed with your motivation and successes! Big grin That being said an extra day off never hurt anyone...as long as others don't follow it!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YOU ARE my motivation! Hope this doesn't creep you out but I lurked at this site a long time before I started using the tools on it and you were always such an inspiration to me! Maybe it is because we are the same age...but I am always impressed with your motivation and successes! Big grin
                              Really?! Blush Wow, that is so flattering...and really makes my day (which has otherwise been kinda frustrating)! I don't think that's creepy to say at all--I think it's nice when we're all so supportive of one-another around here! Smile Thank you so very much! Big grin BTW, we're almost neighbors! Wouldn't it be fun to have a Midwest/Great Lakes RA race meet? There are a bunch of us talking about the Fifth-Third Bank Riverbank Run 25k in May. You should come join us...it wouldn't be too far out of the way for you and it's a great event. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Dog-Love

So DH is going to see about tracking down a pair of Yak Trax for me in the meantime. Next year I will find a better fitting pair of warm trail shoes and Yak Trax, I think...unless NB redesigns this shoe to fit more like the rest of their product line. k
                                Nobody listens to me...but those "get a grip" ice cleats are the way to go! CHeap...take them on or off...not too heavy like the stabelicers...and cling to ice so you can run up rivers. Way to HTFU and get out there zz...I stills got to get out and its cold and icy!
                                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)