Who doesnt listen to music while running? (Read 3009 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I listened to music on a local 10K, but the year before this, they weren't out playing in the field. I missed them. Happily they were back this year.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

No music or audiobooks or whatever for me. Just listening to what's going on around me - like moose, wind, whatever.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog
      DoppleBock

OUtside - no

Inside - yes

There is a top 10 songs list for running out there and there are some good songs on it. For me I can't listen to music and run. I'm a no music person, no matter how far the run. I just fade my mind out and run. I have no problem hitting or holding pace. Who else runs without music? Am I the only crazy minded person?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Dog-Love

No music or audiobooks or whatever for me. Just listening to what's going on around me - like moose, wind, whatever.

Same here for me except no moose...avalanches though...and branches falling from trees

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
          dennrunner

Music, never*.  Podcasts, often—on slow or medium pace runs during cool or cold temperatures.  Seldom listen to music period.

* Some podcasts stick in a song or two.  Sometimes I fast forward or pull out the single earbud I use to keep from having to listen to the music.

drrbradford

I never listen to music when I run. For the majority of runs I am with company but even on long solo runs I like the time to think or digest the events of the day. As for most people: running sits somewhere between meditation and the feeding of an addiction for me.

I am a music lover ----- exept when I run -- when I run i cant stand to listen to music.......

Champions are made when no one is watching

This is my current music situation.

Mine too. I used to run with music when running outside, but I had a close encounter with a not-so- nice-man and I only run with self defense spray when running outside since then.

MrH

Only when on a treadmill.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I never listen to music when I run outside, I would rather be able to hear whats going on around me so I can pull some sick ninja moves if I need to get out of dangers way.

I've tried listeninig to my ipod when I run on the treadmill, but I sweat so much that the earphones get sweat logged and I can't hear a thing out of them after about 20 minutes.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Intentionally Blank

Mine too. I used to run with music when running outside, but I had a close encounter with a not-so- nice-man and I only run with self defense spray when running outside since then.

Same here.  I would only listen on the non-motorized paths, but after being attacked by a stranger, I stopped doing that for about a year.

Lately, however, I've decided that statistically speaking I'm good to run just about anywhere, so I listen music once in awhile.

I've tried listeninig to my ipod when I run on the treadmill, but I sweat so much that the earphones get sweat logged and I can't hear a thing out of them after about 20 minutes.

I had this same problem. Now I wear a tennis-handband and it works.

MrH

I had this same problem. Now I wear a tennis-handband and it works.

With the cold and windy weather I've resorted to the treadmill at the gym for the last few weeks. My regular dri-fit shirts feel a bit warm as they don't have fans by the treadmills, so I acquired a couple of singlets. I have a plain white one, that if combined with a headband and some knee-length socks would look pretty 'old school'. 

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Slo

I don't run with any music.

I only run on a treadmill when the conditions are extreme and even then that just usually forces a rest day vs running on a treadmill.

However....if I did use a treadmill on a regular basis, I'd likely buy an mp3 player.

Menace to Sobriety

When/where?

When I run with A1, I run with music.  Particularly after he has eaten cold chili from a can.

Do you put the ear buds in your nose?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.