In need of a Moral compass - Running bandit. (Read 1203 times)

xor

What would count as a good argument?
    One that ends in make-up sex.

One that ends in make-up sex.
      This post made reading this whole thread totally worth it.

Amy

Why is it sideways?

Big grin
          This post made reading this whole thread totally worth it.
          I told you he was riled up.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

On On

How many people on this thread are Race Directors? Are you answering this question as a race director or as a fellow runner? I guess it is the same thing if you saw someone stealing in a store. Would you kick someone in the nuts who took an apple from the grocery store? Would you report them to management? Would you look the other way because you don't want to get involved? Theft in stores affects all of us a lot more than banditry.
              This has been most educational. I haven't really heard a good argument either way and a lot of people are only reading what they want to read out of other peoples posts. I'll probably end up paying - but if not, i will be sure to wear a cup.
              If anyone is making a case for reading only what they want to read is it's you. As far as I can see its unanimous that its wrong to Bandit. Some are questioning how wrong, but no one is saying it's ok to do it.

Imminent Catastrophe

Hm, this sounds reasonable -- but are all the spectators also stealing the road closure service? Actually, you're about to convince me that they are also stealing it....
                Actually the spectators are kind of like unpaid volunteers in a way. They're adding to the "race atmosphere". In return they get to watch and enjoy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

For the record, I might kick you in the nuts if you bandit near me. (more likely if you spit on me). For stealing an apple, I'll rough you up. Unless it is a red delicious, because they aren't good apples. If you grab a box of eggos, I'll simply ask you to 'leggo'. If you steal a box of pop tarts, I'll rip out your eyeballs and piss on your brain.

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm planning to bandit the Monkey. The RD is getting rich from it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

golddaveberg

I sent the RD an email just for the hell of it- I'll post again if i get a response.
                        I'm planning to bandit the Monkey. The RD is getting rich from it.
                        Stick it to The Man.

Amy

Why is it sideways?

Factors: -Entry fee for the Cleveland marathon is $85. -I don't plan on racing hard or being competitive but rather participating in a 26 mile training run. -It is claimed the race is for charity, but there is also a total prize purse over 10 Grand. -I live in Cleveland and pay taxes on the roads where this race takes place. Questions: -Should I feel bad about running bandit?
                          If you want good arguments, you should ask good questions. I didn't know that "shoulds" had anything to do with feelings. Feelings are facts. There's no "should" to them. I'm inclined to say that this question is nonsensical.
                          -Should i find somebody else running and color copy their bib changing the number?
                          It depends. What will you do with that bib? Put it on the wall? Write a note to your grandma? I assume you are asking whether you should copy the bib and run in the race. If this is the question, then you are not asking for arguments, you are asking for opinions. You've gotten a bunch of them. I don't see what an argument would do for you, or why you would want one.
                          xor

Stick it to The Man.
                            code for 'make-up sex'

Quote from Dragon76 on 5/14/2009 at 5:28 PM: Stick it to The Man.
                              code for 'make-up sex'
                              "Thank you ..... Sr lopez is here all week folks! .... Shows at 9:00 and 11:00PM" .... "Dont forget the Chicken special!" I take back my all you need is "Kick him in the Nuts" for a good post. A string a F- bombs followed by "Kick him in the Nuts" .... Now that made me laugh Big grin

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

milkbaby

When you're at the race, I hope you won't mind if I come over to your house and sleep in your bed... I promise to leave everything the way it was so no harm done... Roll eyes And it probably wasn't your house before you bought it, and it definitely won't be your house after you die... and you wouldn't ever have known I was there if I hadn't told you, so I'm sure you wouldn't mind... Big grin
                                "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura