Smashed my 10k PR!! (Read 896 times)

So today I ran the Red October Run 10k in Wayne, MI as a warmup for the Detroit HM in 2 weeks. This was my second 10k ever, the first being my first ever race in May. It was a gorgeous day, about 50 degrees and sunny at race time, with a nice certified flat course. I pushed hard but didn't want to overdo it and ended up with a PR, beating my first race by 5:11!!!! Whewhew!! Big grin My splits: 1M: 7:47 2M: 15:39 3M: 23:38 4M: missed 5M: 39:24 6M: missed 10K: 48:25 Overall, averaged 7:48/Mile, so a pretty even race. I am so happy to see that much improvement, and I owe a lot of it to the great info that I have picked up from this site. Smile This just motivates me to keep going and see what else I can do in the future. Whewhew!! Big grin
    - Tony

Dave

Super PR effort. Looks like you paced it perfectly. Well done.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

redleaf

Congrats! And best of luck in Detroit!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Another Passion

Great job, Tony! You kicked arse! Keep up the great running and rock the Motor City! Wink

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

an amazing likeness

Well done. What a gain in pace, wow! I'll bet you can hit 7:45 or 7:50 pace (or better) for your half, given that you worked hard, but didn't push it.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks all! I am hoping for a good run in Motown, would really like to break 8:00min pace, but will have to see how it goes. I feel good right now, and hope it keeps up.
              - Tony

Think Whirled Peas

Congrats Tony! You've had a great year of running and I'm willing to bet that you'll crush Detroit! It's a great HM run. Pretty flat, just the first half of the bridge, and then coming out of the tunnel from Canada are uphill. Other than that, she's a flat one. I'd love to run it this year...alas, GR beckons. GOOD LUCK!!!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Thanks Mike! I really am looking forward to the half. This was my original goal race when I started running, and it means a lot to run it at home. I do have my sights set on running the Bayshore next year (full marathon), if everything goes right. I might even slip in the Surf City half in Huntington Beach on Superbowl Sunday. Have to see how everything goes. Good luck in GR! Are you running the half?
                  - Tony
                    That's a big improvement over only a few months, well done and good luck in the half! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

theyapper

On the road again...

Looking at your log, it looks like you shaved off one minute for each month since your last 10k. Very impressive!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

wow! That's fantastic ... congrats on a great race and good luck with the HM

2012= under-goaled