(RESTful?) Public or Private API (Read 1362 times)

Are there any plans for an API of any kind? I'd like to work on some more advanced aggregation of the data I have in this application with my personal website. I don't mind helping out if you need help with designing or implementing the api, and I'll even take some time to write a few example clients that provide an alternative to the javascript widgets (to cut down on requests by caching results, etc). Anyway, please let me know as this is something I am really interested in.
    Mediocrepat

jcarouth- What kind of advanced aggregation are you hoping to do?
      bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I'd like to mash-up some RA stats with nutritional data.  I can get my RA data from an export but wouldn't be sad if there was an API to query everything after a moment in time or sequence #. 
        Francois Nel

I would also like an  API of some sort that would allow me to create a backup script. Doing manual backups is painful. 

The shirtless wonder

I would also like an  API of some sort that would allow me to create a backup script. Doing manual backups is painful. 

I wrote a script (bash) that I run out of cron for daily backups.  PM if you'd like it. 

An API would be better than the solution I have but what I have works.

I wrote a Perl Script that grabs my weekly summary (including notes, weather, and course) then I post it to my blog. A lot of things can be done with Perl and no API, it is just a bit harder. The package I use is the HTML::TreeBuilder package.

eric :)

The manual backup is intentional.  The backup operation is very taxing on the server.  I have very limited resources because RA relies completely on donations.  I don't want to charge a membership fee because I want RA to be available to everyone.  When I receive sufficient donations to pay for a second server, I will reconsider the idea.