Upload GPS Data (Read 103 times)

shu_runner

I've never had an issue uploading from my Garmin Forerunner 10 to RA.   I even connected it to RA and uploaded yesterday without issue.  All of the sudden this morning it is telling me "Device: Not Connected." and that I need to download the Garmin communicator plugin for Chrome.  I thought that was weird to request out of nowhere, but I attempted the install and I still cannot get the site to see my device as connected.   I'm using a Mac and Google Chrome, if that helps.   Is this a new issue, or am I missing something simple?  The latter is certainly possible.

Happy Thanksgiving!

MTA: Well I attempted it with Safari, and was able to upload with no issue.  Maybe my Chrome install is butt.  I'll try re-installing that for now.

Do you have the clip connector? With my 210 sometimes the computer doesn't recognize that it is connected, so I have to unclip/reclip a few times before it takes. It's a pretty common Garmin thing (based on other comments on the forums), which didn't start happening to me till I had it several months.

Dave

cindyruns

I actually saw the same thing after updating to the latest version of Chrome last night - it seems like the plugin isn't running at all anymore.

Possibly related to this:

On Mac, version 39 onward, Chrome will be 64 bit only and this will imply 32 bit NPAPI plugins will stop to work on Chrome on Mac and there will be no way to whitelist it by policy. 64 bit plugins however can still be whitelisted and will continue to work until overall NPAPI removal in September 2015. 

https://sites.google.com/a/chromium.org/dev/developers/npapi-deprecation

It looks like I'm now running version 39 of Chrome.  So, either Garmin needs to switch to a new plugin type, or we need to use a different browser that still supports the existing type.  Or find another method all together to upload runs (would uploading the .fit file directly off the device work?)

Same thing here with a Garmin Forerunner 110. The plugin has stopped working with the latest version of both Chrome and Firefox on OSX 10.10.1. Safari still works.

cheers

mike