I can run for an hour (Read 845 times)

running buddies

I just finished the One Hour Running program today and ran for a full 60 minutes and covered 5.8 miles. I'm so pleased with myself! Big grin And, I finally got my teenagers to help me set up my profile and stuff. After 3 months of being totally anonymous, I now am willing to give out a tiny bit of information about myself. Not too much.
    "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yay, Kim! That is so excellent! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations! That's a big milestone. I like your 2008 goals, but you might want to run different distances sometimes. It keeps things interesting, and on shorter runs you can go a little faster. Smile

running buddies

Thanks Teresa and Kirsten! Right now I'm running 3 days a week - 30min, 45 min, and 60 minutes. I'm planning on staying at this for about 3-4 weeks, then start working up. I don't have more than an hour available most days, which is why I thought if I could work up to 60 minute runs 3 times a week and maybe a shorter one once a week that would be a reasonable next step. Does that seem okay? See my #1 goal of not getting injured... if I can't drive my kids to their activities and myself to work, our lives will crumble around us all.... I also need to do a race in there sometimes. My life keeps interfering with the convenient races.
          "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

LOL, I understand, Kim! My kids are 10, 13, and 16. I cannot wait for the oldest to get his license (he just started driver's ed, so it will be awhile). I spend my life driving or sitting in the car waiting for someone. This week, I actually have to get some training at an architecture firm for three regular workdays (usually I work out of my house so I'm flexible). I can't for the world figure out how I'm going to get the kids to their practices and lessons! Not to mention how I'll be able to run. I don't know how people do it. Your plan makes sense to me! I think throwing a short run in occasionally is a good idea. I'm just coming off an injury, so it's a good thing to think about how to prevent one. Good luck!

an amazing likeness

Yeah! for you, good on ya mate! Soon you'll be able to do 6+ miles and pick up the dogs' poop without breaking stride.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

Congrats Kim! That's wonderful. Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Right on Kim! It's a great feeling, isn't it. You should be pleased! Have fun with your schedule and like the others suggest, mix it up a bit in terms of distance - in time you'll appreciate the variety. Lucky doggies by the way - I've all but given up running with our Ridgeback. She's a rocket ship and compared to her (and many two-footed types) I'm a turtle! Take care - keep focused on goal #1 when it comes time to speed up. Smile
                  ~ Fly ~
                  Only as much as I dream can I be.
                  veggies on the run
                  runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Congrats! Does anyone run while the DC's are at pactices? Just a thought. Big grin

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Nev

Well done ! that is a BIG milestone - if you can run for 1 hour you are a propper runner - thats how I felt. Well earned beer afterwards I hope Nev

running buddies

Lucky doggies by the way - I've all but given up running with our Ridgeback. She's a rocket ship and compared to her (and many two-footed types) I'm a turtle!
                        They look nasty, but those pinch collars really keep my dogs from pulling me over. They are pretty decent with the flat collars, unless they both see something they think they need to get close to. Together they outweigh me by about 40 pounds. Nev, great idea about the beer.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

Whoo hoo! Big grin Big grin Big grin Congrats on reaching the hour mark!

Roads were made for journeys...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congrats! Does anyone run while the DC's are at pactices? Just a thought. Big grin
                            Occasionally that will work, if I'm not driving multiple rugrats around. Tomorrow morning, my son has XC practice at a local course, so I'm going to run on the trails while he is practicing. The TRICK is to avoid him and his teammates so I don't embarrass him! Big grin
                            Lu481

Congrats Kim, Way to Go!!! Lu
                              Ringmaster

Kim, congrats! From one running mom to another, WAY TO GO!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                                Mile by Mile