VERY narrow feet require a special shoe!!! (Read 537 times)

KentP

Looking fo help in finding an extremely narrow fitting shoe. Folks with a B or A width can't relate. I'm talking 11.5 AA or AAA. The only shoe I've found that "fits" the bill is the New Balance 991. Unfortunately they quit making it about 2-years ago...replacing it with another model (992 I believe it is) that supposedly fits the very narrow foot. However, it is not nearly the fit as the 991 is. So, has anybody with a similiar problem found a shoe that rivals the New Balance 991???? If so, please indicate if you have experience with the New Balance 991 so I'll know if you understand just how good that model was for folks like me.
      I can't relate because I am 11.5 B ... but I have a wider forefoot than a heal... and one foot is 11.5 and the other 11. and the 11 is slightly wider in the forefoot but more narrow at the heal than the 11.5 foot... Needless to say finding shoes that work on both feet is well... a challenge... Pearl Izumi shoes fit my feet awesome. Perhaps check them out... I wasn't going to comment but I saw this still had no responses...
      KentP

Can it be I am the only person on this board who has this problem? I guess if there were significant numbers with the same issue...I would be able to find a shoe that fits! Sad
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Kent, have you ever considered women's shoes? I have the opposite problem and have considered trying men's shoes, but I have narrow heels--most men's shoes are a lot roomier though the heel. Even women's shoes are sometimes too roomy in wides (or too narrow through the toes). I'm also a NB fan because I have such hard-to-fit feet. The 992 is a moderate stability shoe, right? Maybe try the 1223 (soon to be 1224) or 768...?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay