need a quote idea (Read 808 times)

Best Present Ever

I'm organizing a retirement party for a running friend (she's retiring from work, not running).  She's a long-time marathoner and the party will be all runners.  We're going to get some item of apparel from our local running store (which is very clubhouse-y) and have it embroidered with something. What can I get put on  it (quarter zip pullover probably) that isn't too long and  is relevant to retirement and/or running?  It could go on the back, or it could be around the logo on the front.  Is anyone more creative than I am? 

I'd put something like "Runners don't retire" on the front.  "We quit our day jobs" on the back. Smile

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
      Emil Zatopek

A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket.
        Emil Zatopek

The first wealth is health.
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

just a simple cat

"Watch out!  Now I can train all day!"

I  guess as you get more bodacious, you begin to lose more brain cells, because there is a limit to how much magnificence your body can house

If I'm free, it's because I'm always running.
              Jimi Hendrix

Probably not the same context...

I plan to be running as long as I can and have no plans to stop.
                Frank Shorter

You'll ruin your knees!

my tagline, without the strikethrough...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

my tagline, without the strikethrough...

Ha, I thought you meant, "You'll ruin your knees."

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

"Journey" hater

There will be a day that you can't run any more. Today is not that day.

Front:   I run for a living

Back:   Please stop following me home

My wife says i have a short attention spanners are great, aren't they?

Best Present Ever

Thanks everyone -- good ideas here. 

Master Runner

Kickin @ss since the 40's

www.hplg.net  The Human Powered League - Solo Cup Series - Trail Building

I'd put something like "Runners don't retire" on the front.  "We quit our day jobs" on the back. Smile

This is great. Smile

HF #8206

Interval Junkie --Nobby

+1 from me too.

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon 

Current Status 08/28: Slowly working back up from a pelvic stress fracture.  4mil distance PR w00t!